With 40 years' experience, the IRIS Software Group is a leading provider of business critical software and services to the UK accountancy, payroll and Education sectors in the UK. IRIS continues to be a leading supplier to the UK accountancy sector with over 20,000 Accountancy Practices relying on IRIS every day to run their business, and IRIS meets the needs of over 80,000 SMEs through its leading bookkeeping, payroll and HR software solutions, with 14% of UK companies paying their employees through IRIS. The Education division of IRIS also provides software to over 10,000 schools and academies and 51% of UK academies are powered by its PS Financials software.
IRIS is backed by Hg, Europe's leading software investor and they are committed to helping IRIS grow. IRIS has recently acquired a number of businesses and this growth story is expected to continue.
IRIS is placed in the Grant Thornton Sunday Times Top Track 250 and the Megabuyte50.Job Summary
This position is responsible for managing the integration of newly-acquired businesses into the IRIS Software Group's from a finance perspective.
The IRIS Software Group has acquired 9 businesses in the last 2 years and has an active ongoing M&A programme. Key to the success of this role will be:
- Working with Newly acquired businesses/stakeholders to connect them to the IRIS Group.
- Designing a formal acquisition on-boarding process to manage the financial integration of acquired businesses in the first 30/60/90 days.
- Implementing IRIS Group financial controls including Sales Order management, Procurement, Banking and treasury.
- Helping acquired businesses to adapt to IRIS Group reporting framework and timetable.
- Assisting in migration of processes and systems to Group CRM/ERP and Shared-Service transactional functions.
The ideal candidate will hold an ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualification, and may come from a Big Four background. They will have held a senior finance role within a growing software business, with proven success of navigating a complex business with multiple senior stakeholders. They will have also had exposure to integration activities, and standardisation of processes and systems, including ideally ERP or CRM roll outs. The candidate will be flexible in approach and focussed on outcomes, with a high degree of attention to detail and as working as part of a close-knit team.Main Responsibilities
- Main finance point of contact for newly-acquired businesses from the point of acquisition through to full integration into IRIS Group Finance.
- Ownership for design and implementation of Finance on-boarding programme for newly-acquired businesses.
- Represent Group Finance on multi-department integration projects and interact with wider business in integration activity.
- Ad hoc project work and analysis, as required by the business
- Held a Senior Finance position and experience of managing a full finance function (i.e. including Control, FP&A and Transactional aspects)
- Change Management, Process design and implementation
- Roll out or migration to new systems (incl. ERP, CRM, BI)
- Experience in Software or relevant industry
- Excellent Analytical and Reporting skills
- Flexibility to adapt and develop within a changing environment in a growing business
- Commercial awareness
- Works effectively under pressure, agile in approach to requirements from the business and ability to manage stakeholder expectations
- Polished communicator at all levels
- Attention to detail, taking pride in work and take responsibility for delivering quality accurate analysis
- Team Player, proactive and happy to get hands dirty
- Degree educated
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified