About White Swan Data
At White Swan Data we decide what is worth betting on. The technology at the heart of our business produces consistent and significant returns for our clients. We are a small but rapidly growing team of mathematicians, data scientists, and software engineers, constantly striving to refine our world class betting models while also researching and deploying new ones.
Our work bridges three domains, each challenging in its own right betting and gambling; quantitative research; and software development. The nature of our work and the relative immaturity of modern betting markets means opportunities to exploit are not in short supply. But people with sufficient skill and versatility to attack these projects are hard to find! So we are always looking for talented, motivated and organised people.About This RoleRequirements
As a Bookkeeper/Analyst, your role will be to track transactions and monitor performance of current client strategies. You will be working in a team of Data Scientists of around 5 so for this role it is essential you be diligent, organised, a clear thinker, and have excellent attention to detail.Responsibilities
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Thorough tracking and recording of transactions daily.
- Data entry, records maintenance and the creation of financial reports.
- Regular reconciliation checks.
- Monitoring and reporting on performance of strategies.
- Working with the Finance Manager to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
Desirable Skills & Requirements
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrably strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new environments.
- Proactive attitude.
- Capacity to manage your own workload and work to deadlines.
- Strong academic background.
- Coding ability in either R or Python.
- Bookkeeping experience.
- Exposure to Xero.
- Salary £24k - £28k per annum.
- Annual discretionary performance bonus.
- 25 days holiday per annum, plus UK bank holidays.
- Private health insurance and pension plan.
- Complimentary gym membership upon passing probation.