Altus Partners have partnered with a growing Private Equity firm that is looking to bring on a Head of Finance to oversee their growing Private Credit Finance Strategy. The business Credit arm focusses on credit strategies across the UK and Europe and they are expecting to double their AUM in the next 2 years. The business is going through an exciting phase as they are expanding globally as well as growing their team in the UK. This position will hold pivotal responsibilities as it will be working with and supporting the Group CFO and Group COO.
The business is looking to bring on a Head of Finance to work directly with the Group CFO and lead the finance responsibilities across the Private Credit strategies. The role will be the main point of contact through the business for all finance queries. The business is going through a significant growth phase, and this allows the person to take full responsibility for the function. The successful candidate will need to be a strong communicator and have a strong understanding of open or closed ended credit fund structures.
- Lead all finance activities in relation to the credit finance area of the business and oversight for all financial reporting for credit funds.
- Assist in launches of new credit funds.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance and budgets and produce monthly MI including monthly profit and loss, forecast v budget, balance sheet and KPI's.
- Manage the audit of all the credit funds and hold relationships with all external vendors.
- Provide insight and recommendations in relation to the profitability of all credit funds being managed.
- Evaluate and make recommendations regarding automation of processes and increasing working efficiency.
- Oversight of key relationships of both internal external stakeholders for the Credit function - auditors, tax advisors, fund administrators, depositaries, Ex-Co, Investments teams etc
- Oversee IFRS 9 modelling and equity valuation consistency across the credit funds.
- Oversight of maintenance of functioning systems, databases, and financial software
- Oversight timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting and semi-annual and annual financial reporting
- Approve timely filing of corporation tax, VAT and regulatory filings.
- Engage ExCo to build short term and long-term plans, projections, and budgets.
- Understand and implement audit best practices, statutory and regulatory guidelines applicable to the credit funds.
- Management of a team of accountants
- Qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA or equivalent
- Experience in Private Credit, Public Credit, Asset Management or Private Equity finance
- 5 - 10 years financial services experience
- Experience in new fund launches.
- Experience of service provider selection
- Experience with legal and compliance oversight
- Experience with investor interactions
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task and work to tight deadlines.
- An in-depth knowledge of finance, fund structures, products, and instruments.