The Group Operational Risk team is part of the Central Risk function reporting into the CFO and supports Man Group to oversee and control risks taken across the Investment Management and supporting business units. Group Operational Risk is the second line of defence challenging the operational Risk activities carried out by the businesses.
Operational risk management is aligned to the business to ensure delivery of an effective Operational Risk Framework and independent oversight. This role will be an integral part of the Group Operational Risk team taking responsibility for setting and monitoring compliance with the Operational Risk Frameworks and Policies across Man Group.Responsibilities
- Manage the day to day operational risk interface with specific allocated business areas
- Manage and review of the event reporting process for allocated areas
- Review and challenge of business risk and control assessment (RSCA's) through involvement in system and control committees
- Events action management for allocated areas
- Collation and reporting of Key Risk Indicators (KRI's)
- Perform thematic risk reviews to enhance business processes and control framework
- Assist the coordination of the enhancement of operational risk system
Key Skills & Experience
- Update and maintain Group wide Operational Risk Policy, aligned with the Group's Risk Appetite and Strategy (Framework)
- Preparation of Group Risk Monthly Reporting pack
- Preparation of Board reporting packs for various board committees
- Attendance at regular system and controls forums for allocated business areas
- Assist with the review and update of the operational risk elements within the Group and manage end to end review for allocated business units
- Collation of the Operational Risk Scenarios (used for assessment of economic capital requirements)
- Attendance at Group Risk committee meetings including minute taking and action management
Work-Life Balance and Benefits at Man
- Relevant experience in evaluating and/or implementing sound, practical business processes, internal controls and assurance practices in investment management, banking risk management/operations, audit or consultancy
- Knowledge of asset management or relevant financial services business processes and control environment
- Strong risk and control or audit/assurance background, prior experience in operational risk management and risk reporting with understanding of operational risk management best practice in the asset management and/or banking industry
- Capable of managing multiple responsibilities, meeting tight deadlines
- Clear and succinct written and verbal communication skills, which is appropriate for the audience. This will include senior management, group and fund boards, risk governance committees and sub-committees
Man Group is proud to provide the best working environment possible for all of its employees, and we are committed to equality of opportunity. At Man Group we believe that a diverse workforce is a critical factor in the success of our business, and this is embedded in our culture and values. We run a number of external and internal initiatives, partnerships and programmes that help us to attract and develop talent from diverse backgrounds and encourage diversity and inclusion across our firm and industry. https://www.man.com/diversity. Man Group is also a Signatory of the Women in Finance Charter.
Man Group supports many charities, and global initiatives. We support professional training and development, and requests for flexible or part-time working. Employees are also offered two 'Mankind' days of paid leave per year as part of the Man Charitable Trust's community volunteering programme.
We offer comprehensive, firm-wide employee benefits including competitive holiday entitlements, pension/401k, life and long-term disability coverage, group sick pay, enhanced parental leave and long-service leave. Additional benefits are tailored to local markets and may include private medical coverage, discounted gym membership and wellbeing programmes.