We are looking for a highly organised, self-motivated and flexible team member to join our successful Operational Risk Team in London.
Our Operational Risk team is crucial to FRM's on-going success and plays an important role by protecting our client's interests from any potential risks. To do this, our Operational Risk team reviews, assesses, monitors and approves all investments (hedge funds and private markets) to make sure that they meet the high standards we demand to meet our clients' expectations.
Given the varied nature of what this team looks at, together with the wide range of tasks performed by the Operational Risk team, this role will give you the opportunity to progress your career in a dynamic environment, gaining experience and exposure to this constantly evolving sector.Responsibilities
Key Skills & Experience
- Perform wide ranging, deep dive analysis covering all operational areas of each investment to identify potential risks that could cause damage to our business or our clients
- Engage with wide-ranging internal and external stakeholders spanning all levels of experience and seniority during on-site/virtual meetings and calls
- Create a comprehensive report for our clients and investment committee so that they understand any potential key risks and steps taken to mitigate or resolve them
- Work collaboratively with London and New York based team members to make sure that all tasks assigned are delivered on time and meet our highest quality standards
About Man FRM
- We actively welcome candidates from all backgrounds to apply and are excited to hear from people who have:
- Approx. +3 years' experience in an operational due diligence or operations environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills; capable with and reaching multiple audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ensuring clients and stakeholders understand our viewpoint
- High levels of pro-activity, organization, motivation and ownership to deliver to tight deadlines
- Flexible team player to support globally based team members in projects and day-to-day deliverables
- Knowledge of Microsoft office is essential
- Alternative asset management experience preferred but not essential
Man FRM is an alternative investment specialist, deploying investment and advisory services within client portfolios. Man FRM provides an open-architecture, full service offering to clients, ranging from advisory work to customised and commingled portfolio solutions, as well as a leading, technologically advanced managed account platform.
Man FRM continues to develop its advisory capabilities and business, responding to increased client interest in customised client portfolio solutions. The engine works closely in partnership with clients, in areas such as portfolio allocation, risk analysis and risk architecture. These services are complemented by Man FRM's Clarus tool, an internally developed, sophisticated online portal providing clients with enhanced transparency and insight into their alternative investment portfolios.
Founded in 1991 and becoming part of Man Group in 2012, Man FRM's funds under management were $14.1 billion at 31 March 2021. Further information can be found at www.man.com/frm.Work-Life Balance and Benefits at Man
Man Group is proud to provide the best working environment possible for all of its employees, and we are committed to equality of opportunity. At Man Group we believe that a diverse workforce is a critical factor in the success of our business, and this is embedded in our culture and values. We run a number of external and internal initiatives, partnerships and programmes that help us to attract and develop talent from diverse backgrounds and encourage diversity and inclusion across our firm and industry. https://www.man.com/diversity. Man Group is also a Signatory of the Women in Finance Charter.
Man Group supports many charities, and global initiatives. We support professional training and development, and requests for flexible or part-time working. Employees are also offered two 'Mankind' days of paid leave per year as part of the Man Charitable Trust's community volunteering programme.
We offer comprehensive, firm-wide employee benefits including competitive holiday entitlements, pension/401k, life and long-term disability coverage, group sick pay, enhanced parental leave and long-service leave. Additional benefits are tailored to local markets and may include private medical coverage, discounted gym membership and wellbeing programmes.