The position has a dual focus:
- Assist the Portfolio Manager in the ongoing management of the portfolio of this growing hedge fund.
- Contribute to the company's investment research and monitoring.
It is anticipated that, subject to individual performance and the satisfactory growth of the firm's business, the role will develop with increasing responsibility for, and discretion over, the portfolio.Responsibilities will include:
- Executing trades for the firm.
- Monitoring and managing the positions, performance, and exposures of the portfolio. (NB: The 24/7 nature of crypto markets will require that some of this is done outside of normal working hours.)
- Production of reports.
- Resolving any operational issues affecting the portfolio.
- Developing and maintaining a detailed knowledge of the digital assets that comprise the fund's investment world.
- Undertaking fundamental and technical and qualitative and quantitative research and analysis, both under the direction of the PM and, independently.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the company's investment strategy and capabilities generally, including operations and IT systems.
- Responding to ad hoc queries.
- Help with other routine and ad hoc tasks, activities, and projects as may be required within a small firm.
- Front-office experience from a bank or a hedge fund.
- Sound knowledge of the technologies of crypto, blockchain and DeFi.
- Experience trading in digital asset markets, even if only on a "Personal Account" basis.
- Understanding of asset valuation methods.
- Quantitative, numerical, and analytical skills.
- Coding skills, ideally in Python.
- Attention to detail.
- A "can do" attitude.
- Originality of thought.
- Intellectual curiosity.
Vennbridge is an employment firm in relation to this posting. For further information, see www.vennbridge.com.