Do you want to investigate further ... could this be the apprentice post for you?
South Norfolk and Broadland Council have an exciting opportunity for a Compliance Assistant Apprentice to join their team. This role will be based at Long Stratton, Norwich or Thorpe Lodge, Norwich and is offered on a full-time, fixed term contract for 2 years. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of Circa £17,190 per annum.
This role requires study and completion of the relevant apprenticeship qualification - Regulatory and Compliance Level 4 qualification or Public Sector Compliance Investigation Level 3 qualification (depending on qualifications) (20%) and working within the Development Management team
Could you assist the planning team in the investigations of alleged breaches of planning control? Are you interested in assisting with tasks related to the collection of evidence and progression of enforcement action? If this interests you, please read on ...
What you could be part of...
As well as working for your Level 3 or 4 apprenticeship, you would also be providing proactive administrative support to the planning team in a variety of ways. See the 'What You'll Be Doing' section for more information on the variety of interesting tasks you'd be involved with.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital, and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people's lives.
What you'll be doing as our Compliance Assistant Apprentice:
- Assisting the planning team in the investigations of alleged breaches of planning control.
- Assisting with tasks related to the collection of evidence and progression of enforcement action.
- Ensuring that records of all complaints into alleged breaches of planning control are maintained in accordance with the highest professional and legal standards.
- Assisting the compliance officers and compliance manager in drafting the necessary documentation /notices in liaison with the councils' legal advisors.
- Monitoring compliance with planning conditions as deemed appropriate by the compliance manager.
- Assist in the preparation of evidence on behalf of the councils for any court hearing related to an enforcement matter.
As our Compliance Assistant Apprentice you must have...
- Numeracy and literacy skills, minimum GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English
- Ability and willingness to study for the Regulatory and Compliance level 4 qualification including off the job training opportunities (20%) or Level 3 Public Sector Compliance Investigation qualification
- A full UK driving licence
- IT skills.
- Accurate and organised record keeping skills.
- Good observation and information gathering skills, able to identify and gather relevant and necessary evidence.
- Ability to make decisions within defined procedures/legislation.
- Ability to remain calm and focussed during confrontational and pressured situations.
- 46-55% of this role's time will be spend on external communication.
What's in it for you as our Compliance Assistant Apprentice:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme - with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Compliance Assistant Apprentice then please click 'apply' now, we'd love to hear from you!
Closing date: 13th August 2021
Interview date: wc 23rd August 2021