Higher Education School Manager - £20.47ph plus Hol Pay - London
Start immediately for four months initially
* This post will be a split between remote working (two thirds of the week) with the remainder being in the office of one of the Colleges, located in South / South West London) *
FOCUS OF THE POST
To work independently and as part of a cross-functional team to provide professional, customer-focused quality, service, supporting the activities of the School, including events, projects and associated administration.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* To provide comprehensive support to the Deans on all aspects of delivering School-based projects, events and associated administrative activity.
* To lead projects; developing, implementing and overseeing project plans and managing projects across a range of operational and resource areas.
* To prepare reports and documentation to support School activity, giving support and guidance on the application of relevant university policies and procedures.
* To produce statistical reports and other statistical information, analysing data as required.
* To establish, manage and co-ordinate a range of administrative functions for the Schools, ensuring the accuracy, quality and timeliness of tasks undertaken, including quality control of procedures for both manual and automated systems.
* To line manage other team members, taking responsibility for recruitment, induction, probation and appraisals and to oversee staff training and development.
* To support with strategic and operational planning process and delivery. This will include tracking and capturing School priorities, oversight, monitoring and updating of the annual operating plan and planning, organisation and follow-up from senior team away days and events.
* To support with the effective and efficient running of the Schools' operations, helping to interpret and promote policies and procedures and ensuring that staff are fully briefed and aware of their responsibilities in meeting the requirements to deliver the Schools activities.
* To provide a first line-advisory and support service for School staff, this includes designing and delivering inductions for new staff.
* To organise, clerk, attend and minute meetings to support the activities of the Schools. This will include setting agendas, distributing papers and undertaking follow-up action.
* To introduce and maintain effective reporting and monitoring strategies for various School activities keeping appropriate stakeholders appraised.
* To assist in devising an annual School Calendar in accordance with University, College and external deadlines.
* To be fully versed in the operational functions of any automated system(s) including Agresso, iTrent, Rex and other systems as required to fulfil the functions of the role.
* To lead on the development and delivery of the College Staff Development Strategy. This will include:
* Liaising with internal senior staff and external suppliers to coordinate the provision of a range of staff development activities.
* Arranging support for in-house staff development events, including preparation of materials, room bookings and catering.
* Promoting and publicising staff development opportunities, procedures and policies.
* Advising all staff on development opportunities, procedures and policies, acting as a first point of contact.
* Processing applications for staff development funding opportunities e.g. in relation to Further Qualifications and CPD activities.
* Supporting the monitoring of the staff development budget, including recording and monitoring all expenditure on budgets, costing, forecasting, processing invoices, orders and claims, and liaising with internal staff and external bodies on financial matters as necessary.
* Co-ordinating the collation and reporting of staff development activity feedback and evaluation, maintaining records of activity (including attendance) and spend.
* Providing any relevant documentation for annual monitoring, reviews and individual requests, including the collection of data and statistics around key rolling programmes.
* Acting as a key liaison with the University's Organisational Learning and Development Team
Significant administration experience, ideally in the Higher Education Sector
Experience of managing complex operations, including people management
Significant experience of writing and formatting reports using a variety of packages
Experience of working with a variety of levels of staff
Experience of managing projects
Communicates effectively orally and in writing adapting the message for a diverse audience in an inclusive and accessible way
Use appropriate levels of cross platform IT skills to enable best use of available information and communications including MS Office, email and internet
Motivates and leads a team effectively, setting clear objectives to manage performance
Proven ability to undertake effective appraisals, evaluating performance and efficiency
Plans, prioritises and organises work to achieve objectives on time
Experience of project management, co-ordinating teams and units to focus effort and resources on critical activities
Works collaboratively in a team and where appropriate across or with different professional groups
Due to time constraints and the number of applications we will only be able to respond personally to successful candidates. Hopefully you will be one of those. If not please do feel free to send your CV again for any other positions that are of interest.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity