Our Client, a global entertainment company is seeking an expert Legal & Business Affairs Manager
to support the domestic digital and commercial side of the business. Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing legal advice to the different teams within the UK commercial division.
- Acting as the business affairs point of contact for business partners.
- Dealing with ad hoc queries from labels.
- Supporting various departments with digital aspects of deals.
- Advising on guidelines.
- Dealing with queries relating to deals.
- Assisting with publishing issues.
- Providing advice on data protection, and e-commerce law.
- Managing internal communications regarding deals.
- Liaising with UK labels, digital account managers and third-party content providers and business partners to agree digital marketing initiatives.
- Supporting the Head of Legal & BA with matters relating to new digital business development and direct to consumer activities.
- Providing support as and when necessary to the legal team.
- Drafting contracts and negotiating for a variety of agreements.
- Post-qualified experience within a similar role, ideally within the music/digital industries.
- Experience of advising on intellectual property, technology, commercial, consumer, and contract law.
- Experience of data protection law.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Proven experience of negotiation.
- Excellent drafting skills and strong attention to detail.
- Expertise on anti-piracy and protection of rights.
- Understanding of digital deals and recording and music publishing industry.
- Experience of preparing, rolling out and advising upon company guidelines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to work with individuals at all levels, with a personable approach.
- Highly organised, confident and articulate.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with multiple priorities.
Please note that due to the volume of submissions, only successful candidates who meet the exact requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard back within 10 days of submission, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
The Music Market/Arts and Media are an equal opportunities employer who supports diversity in the workplace.