2020 was a huge challenge for us operationally as much as it was for individuals and communities across the UK. We put our best foot forward and met that challenge, expanding our operations to meet demand, engaging with more food suppliers and bringing the media and sports ambassadors on board to spread our message and help us engage with those who needed our support.
We now need your expertise to support our work and make sure people throughout Merseyside and North Wales can access our FareShare Go services and understand our mission.
We've got a great set of values that inform our work, we're Passionate, Ambitious, Respectful, Collaborative and Focused. Our mission is to tackle the cause of food poverty and not just the symptoms and we're driven by the vision of a UK where no good food goes to waste.
So, if you are someone who can forge relationships, engage with audiences and handle all manner of situations, this is the right challenge for you with plenty of chances to make an impact and a difference.
As a Community Co-ordinator, you will be tasked with driving the growth and sustainability of FareShare Go in Merseyside and North Wales.
Specifically, this will involve engaging, and maximising relationships with, charities and retailers across the region and ensuring their charity experience with us is second-to-none.
Your role will focus on five key areas; charity account management, community capacity building, sustainability and compliance, retailer engagement and FareShare network engagement.
This will involve:
- Engaging with new and existing charities, ensuring that KPIs are reached
- Seeking opportunities to enable and empower charities to increase their capacity
- Identifying stores where re-engagement activities are needed to improve charity coverage
- Maintaining strong retailer relationships across the region
- Partnering closely with the Regional Centre(s) in your area and working on joint initiatives to improve and grow the FareShare community
To be considered as a Community Co-ordinator, you will need:
- Exceptional relationship-building skills with a range of stakeholders
- Strong communication skills and the ability to engage with a variety of audiences
- Confidence and an assertive nature when handling difficult situations, whilst demonstrating calmness and professionalism
- Strong problem-solving skills
- To be able to self-manage your own performance and workload
- Initiative and innovative thinking, in order to shape new/different ways of working
- Strong IT skills
- A flexible approach to working arrangements as the role may involve high levels of travel to areas in the UK
- A valid driving licence for the UK, access to your own vehicle and can undertake extensive travel across your region
Level 2/3 Food Safety training would be desirable, but training will be provided. Previous experience of working with constituent relationship management (CRM) software, preferably Salesforce, would also be beneficial, as would some experience in data analysis and project planning. A degree-level qualification or a strong career history with relevant skills would also be advantageous.
Other organisations may call this role Community Engagement Co-ordinator, Partnerships Officer, Food Poverty Prevention Co-ordinator, Community Partnerships Officer, Charity Partnerships Co-ordinator, or Community Services Officer.
The closing date for this role is the 22nd August 2021.
FareShare are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you're seeking your next challenge as a Community Co-ordinator, please apply via our Fareshare Uk website.