Our client is a global leader in privileged access management, helping organisations transform their business through improved security and reduced risk. As a trusted partner for thousands of companies around the world, they consistently set the bar - driving innovation and helping their customers stay one step ahead of attackers.
The firm is seeking an EMEA Compliance & Ethics Lead. This person will act as the leading legal advisor responsible for maintaining and improving a robust compliance program for a publicly traded, global technology company. The successful candidate will independently work with senior management and other teams within their organisation.
Experience and Skills
- Advising the organisation's leadership team on risk management, compliance, and governance frameworks to ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and best practice, as well as the company's policies, procedures and business goals.
- Developing, maintaining, and monitoring a wide range of policies and procedures for the general operation of an effective and complete global compliance program, to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Maintaining and expanding an effective compliance communication and training program for the organisation to promote awareness and understanding of each stakeholder's obligations.
- Designing, implementing, and evaluating compliance-related processes, business applications, LMS, and data management tools that are effective, scalable and suitable for a high growth company, so that business activities are conducted successfully and appropriately.
- Managing day-to-day operation of the compliance program, including the retention of external vendors and advisors. Providing reports on a regular basis to keep the General Counsel, senior management, and Board of Directors informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- Collaborating with legal counsels to review and provide practical guidance on compliance issues including avenues for resolution. Consults with outside counsel as needed to resolve complex compliance issues.
- Conducting periodic impact assessments in coordination with the organisation's other compliance and operational assessment functions, such as SOX Director and General Counsel. Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, and develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues.
- Responding to alleged violations of rules, regulations, and policies, and conducting appropriate investigations to assess and resolve any non-compliance.
- At least 10 years of experience practicing law and focusing on corporate compliance, of which at least 5 years was with a publicly traded global company (technology sector experience is advantageous).
- Qualified solicitor / admitted to a European Bar.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience producing executive reports and presentations.
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills and extensive experience working in global companies and cross-cultural environments.
- Business oriented, ability to think strategically and establish a "trusted advisor" relationship with internal clients.
- Consistent delivery on commitments, great organisational skills, resourceful, and results oriented.
- A leader with exceptional follow through and attention to detail.
- Great technical skills and understanding of IT systems with hands-on experience implementing interoperable compliance tools to effectively scale a global compliance program.
- Creative and pragmatic thinker, responsive and proactive.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience in cybersecurity regulation, employment law, and mergers and acquisitions is advantageous.
For a confidential chat about this or other roles he is handling please contact Matt Pollard in the Jameson Legal London office.
Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.
To view a list of other current job opportunities, please visit