My client, based in the Worthing area are seeking a candidate to join their team as Health and Safety Manager. This is working for a leader in the engineering field.
Duties for this role will include:
* Responsible for maintaining accreditation to ISO 17025 and ISO 9001
* Responsible for maintaining UKAS and BSI accreditation
* To be the Quality Representative for all laboratory quality related matters
* Responsible for the training of staff
* Responsible for the maintenance and control of internal and external standards to their latest issue
* Provide practical solutions to quality, heath & safety or laboratory problems and promote continuous improvement
* Ensuring that the programme of internal audits is adhered to and that they demonstrate the adequacy of the QMS.
* Ensuring that all customer complaints/corrective action requests are dealt with in a timely manner and that the issues are reported as required.
* Preparing health and safety strategies and developing internal policies where required
* Carrying out risk assessments including but not limited to COSHH and return to work
You will need to have proven experience within a manufacturing/ regulated/ laboratory environment within in a similar role. IOSHH/ COSHH/ ISO exposure is advantageous as well as proven qualifications in these areas.
Competitive salary offered for the right candidate. Parking available onsite.
*First Recruitment Services are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy