Commercial Workshop Manager
Permanent position with 6 months' probation period.
Based: Addlestonemoor, Surrey, KT15 2QF
£38,000.00 - £40,000.00 depending on experience
We are a highly successful facilities company, based in Addlestone, Surrey.
To supervise and direct a team of HGV technicians and take charge of a productive shop floor, while undertaking the full range of duties, associated with the management of an independent commercial workshop.
Directing multi-skilled HGV mechanic, ensuring that all trucks and testable trailers are maintained to the highest standards, including the routine servicing of generator engines.
Act as the lead company advisor, for off-site breakdowns.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Be aware and observe health and safety regulations and risk assessments.
* Retain a good understanding and knowledge of DVSA regulations, including the HGV Inspection Manual & the Categorisation of Defects.
* Ensure the efficient and effective use of staff, workshop and equipment.
* Determine priorities and allocate work to workshop staff.
* Monitor work progress, and pursue as necessary, ensuring service and repair targets are met.
* Advise on best methods of repair and determine repair times.
* To supervise the service, repair, MOT prep and PMI of a mixed fleet of heavy commercial, company owned trucks and testable trailers.
* Fault find, with the aid of electronic diagnostic devices.
* Ensure consistency of work and complete to appropriate job timings.
* Complete all specific company and official paperwork.
* Be a team player in maintaining all company equipment to the highest standards.
* Order correct parts as required to effect repairs, form a tight working relationship, with parts suppliers, constantly monitoring and comparing costs.
* Maintain good staff moral with the objective of maximising efficiency.
* Work closely with and maintain a good working relationship with the Transport Managers.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Successful candidates will have at least 24 months experience in a similar role.
You must possess excellent communication and organisational skills.
You must be highly computer literate, especially with Excel, Word & Outlook
You must be capable of multi-tasking reliably in a busy environment, no two days are ever the same here.
Show high level of client confidentiality.
You must have a proactive 'can do' attitude.
Be able to work on your own initiative.
Ideally be immediately available and able to hit the ground running.
IN RETURN, YOU WILL:
Work within the film & TV Industry.
Be part of a friendly, motivated team who create a fun, safe and enjoyable working environment.
Receive 20 paid holiday days (plus bank holidays).
On-site parking available