Our client is an established financial services group which provides a range of services including insurance, financial planning, investments and wealth management. This firm have a strong reputation across the UK and due to continued growth they are actively looking to appoint a new Enterprise Risk Manager. This is a fantastic time to join a highly reputable firm where you can help shape and positively impact their Risk Management framework.
The main aim of this role is to embed and maintain an effective Enterprise Risk Management Framework ensuring any risks to the business are identified, assessed and measures put in place to mitigate or reduce the risk in accordance with regulatory compliance and audit requirements, approved risk tolerance, risk appetite and strategic plans. Key responsibilities include:
- The coordination, management and reporting of all risks, issues, incidents and losses within the Asset Management and Private Wealth businesses, ensuring appropriate corrective/preventative actions are in place to address the root cause, timescales to correct are realistic and actions are closed off.
- Production of the ICAAP (Asset Management and Private Wealth) as well as active involvement with the Group ORSA to meet their regulatory reporting requirements.
- Ensure the outsourcing risk oversight framework is being adhered to and is in line with industry best practice to meet the FCA's expectations.
- Aspire to be a subject matter expert on the ICAAP and provide advice and guidance to the business.
To be successful you will need strong senior stakeholder management skills as you will be expected to proactively liaise with the business and Risk Champions to identify gaps and provide support, education and training where required to increase and maintain risk awareness across the organisation.
You will work collaboratively and proactively with the Group Head of Risk and the wider Risk team to manage the risk management function in line with ERM and regulatory requirements.
- Relevant Risk Management experience gained within a Financial Services environment - preferably Asset or Wealth Management.
- Must have strong understanding of prudential risk (capital and liquidity) management - hands on experience of ICAAP
- Prior relevant industry experience in 2LOD
- Possess strong influencing skills to engage effectively with others, providing direction and challenge where required and an ability to build and maintain relationships
- Excellent attention to detail
- Possess excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to multi-task to ensure timely completion and delivery of tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills