The Risk Manager will enable the business to achieve its SaaS goals through the provision of best practice risk management practices, including direct guidance and support to both the front and back office, and challenge to risk owners that drives improved business performance, while coaching, developing and managing members of the Risk team.
• Supporting Sage Risk in the on-going development, delivery and embedding of the Sage risk management framework.
• Providing hands-on support and assistance across group functions and regions in the form of guidance, support and challenge to the business.
• Oversight of regional and functional risk registers.
• Challenge and feedback on the policies and processes that govern the management of Sage's control environment.
• Support the management and reporting upon Sage's Principal Risks.
• Supporting the Global Risk Committee as required.
• Providing support, education and training to colleagues to build risk awareness in the business.
• Investigating and reporting on incidents, including the identification of root cause.
• Developing and maintaining good working relationships with all areas of the business.
• Developing, managing and supporting Risk Consultants direct reports.
• Form part of the management team within Sage Risk.
• Manage the implementation of the Global Risk and Compliance (GRC) software.
• Serve as the main point of contact/subject matter expert for the GRC software, post-implementation.
Skills, know-how and experience:
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with team members and all levels of management within the company, up to and including executive stakeholders.
• Previous experience implementing a GRC system.
• Practical, hands on approach to risk management.
• Experience in identifying root causes, and developing effective remediation actions.
• Strong delivery focus, ability to perform on a timely basis and with accuracy, and to work well under pressure within a changing environment.
• Self-starter, able to work on your own initiative, and lead a team.
• Capable of multi-tasking whilst maintaining high quality performance.
• Capacity to travel (10%-30%).
• Experience working in a multi-national organisation.
• Previous use of a Global Risk and Compliance Tool.
• Language skills would be desirable (although not essential).
Technical / professional qualifications:
• Recognised risk qualifications, or a minimum five years' risk management or operational experience.
• Broad understanding of the applicable legal and regulatory environment in which Sage operates.