Legal Secretary - Commercial Property
Salary: £24,000 - £27,000
Hours: 9.00am - 5.30pm
My client, a forward thinking, innovative and friendly law firm, are recruiting for an experienced Commercial Legal Secretary to work in their Swindon office. This opportunity has arisen due the retirement of a long-standing colleague and is key to maintaining the high standards expected by their clients. The role requires Legal Secretary and administrative support, primarily for the Commercial Property lawyers, but also across Corporate Commercial and Employment work.
The prime role is to assist the Commercial Team with the smooth progression of work on behalf of clients to ensure an excellent service to clients. Duties will include but are not limited to:
· To deal with general typing and digital dictation and the inputting of documents and correspondence as directed by the fee earners.
· To attend to clients both on the telephone and in person.
· Through the Firm's Case Management system, prepare relevant documents, deeds and Land searches.
· Deal with any post completion issue which may arise on a sale (contacting Land Registry to remove charges, post completion issues and managing agents on leasehold properties).
· Submit all registrations within priority period.
· Deal with all requisitions raised by Land Registry and all post completions queries which may arise regarding a purchase.
· Once registration is complete, ensure ledger is clear and sift file for all documents to go out to lender/client, etc.
· Arrange submission of the Stamp Duty Land Tax return with HMRC and registration at Land Registry within search priority periods.
· Deal with requisitions from the Land Registry under supervision of the fee-earner.
· To assist with the handling of postage and other administrative tasks necessary for production of the work of the Commercial Team.
To be considered for this role you will need to have experience working as a Legal Secretary, ideally in Commercial Property although other areas of law will also be considered. You will also need to be computer literate and familiar with case management systems, as well as having excellent typing skills and experience of digital dictation systems.