This is the ideal role for a Production Operator to build skills with a successful company offering a modern working environment and excellent training and development opportunities. You will also receive a fantastic range of benefits including a private pension scheme, non-contractual Business Performance Related Bonus, 23 days' annual leave (rising with service) plus Bank Holidays and a working week of 38 hours over 4 ½ days, offering excellent work/life balance.
You will be joining the expanding operator team of a precision engineering company based in Stanley, County Durham, which designs and manufactures high-temperature metal seals for aerospace, automotive and power generation sectors. As the Production Operator, your duties will include:
- Undertaking a wide range of production activities and manufacturing processes to produce high-quality components at a high volume and within tight tolerances.
- Following works instructions, engineering drawings and standard operating procedures.
- Small component metal cutting, forming, welding, rolling, and finishing processes.
- Inspection of parts both visually and by use of measuring equipment.
- Accurately completing job cards and routing sheets for all processes.
- Ensuring that all products are of a high quality to uphold the company's reputation for excellence.
Initial training will be focused on precision welding skills within the Plasma Welding program. Previous welding experience is not required for this role as full training will be provided. To be a successful Production Operator you will ideally have the following skills and experience:
- Good hand-eye coordination and dexterity.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good literacy, numeracy and IT, able to follow process instructions.
- Comfortable working to targets, good problem-solving abilities.
In return, a Production Operator will receive a salary of £8.92 per hour during the probationary period, rising to £9.48 per hour on completion of training.
We welcome all applications; however, you must be eligible to work in the UK.