Legal Advisor - Serious Injury
Reed Legal are working with one of the UK's leading providers of insurance and legal services who have built a reputation for an ethical approach to personal injury litigation.
Their workforce delivers a professional but personable service to their clients, and they have fostered a culture built on this ethos which makes for an enjoyable place to work.
To manage a mixed caseload of Fast Track Portal and not Portal RTA cases through all stages of the new and old Portals, to include litigating to Stage 3/to trial where appropriate. These cases will all have an element of head injury, and it will be part of your role to identify and escalate cases where the Client has a head injury (or other serious injury) that may take it outside the portal or fixed fees. You will be supervised and supported by senior lawyers within the team.Duties:
- Responsible for a high-volume caseload of Fast Track Personal Injury RTA Portal and Non-Portal claims, following the MOJ process/litigation process, making use of the firm's Case Management Systems and using the agreed internal procedures and practices
- To progress your caseload in a manner to ensure that clients receive appropriate, professional, timely and pertinent legal advice, with regular contact, whilst managing their expectations
- To identify early those cases where proceedings would be tactically beneficial to litigate and to do so expeditiously
- Previous experience of managing your own caseload of Fast Track RTA Portal and Non-Portal claims
- At least two years of litigation experience running your own cases from beginning to conclusion
- An interest in serious injury litigation and a willingness to learn more around the subject matter of neurological injuries and the associated difficulties
- An ability to identify cases that have the potential to be worth more than 25k in value and escalate to your manager.
- A willingness to engage with charitable activities for our chosen charities
£24 - 30,000
Monday - Thursday 9am - 5.30pm Friday 9am - 5pmBenefits:
- Medicash (after 1 months service)
- Flexible Working (dependant on the role requirements)
- Tunnel tag (Liverpool to Wirral commuters)
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Agile Working
If you are keen to find out more about this vacancy and you have the right experience / skills, please contact Steph McCormack at REED Legal () t: or apply now