Are you a talented account manager looking for your next move?
Join our energetic team and work as part of a progressive healthcare company focused on helping people to elevate their health and live active lives.
In this role you will work to manage Ascenti's client accounts, helping to ensure that our customers receive the best possible service and have a great experience working with us.
This will mean acting as a point of contact for our clients across our various contracts covering NHS, Private Medical Insurance, Occupational Health and Medico-legal services.
Reporting into the Key Account Manager you will work closely with our operational teams and local and national managers to nurture strong customer relationships. At the same time, you will understand performance against contractual obligations, highlight concerns, manage improvement and opportunities for service growth.
Ascenti has big ambitions for the future, so this is an important role for our team where you will have plenty of scope to make an impact.Key responsibilities
Essential experience and skills
- Acting as a point of contact for Ascenti's business clients across our various contracts, covering both public and private sector healthcare work.
- Proactively manage contracts you are responsible for, including renewals, KPIs, service offerings and expansion opportunities.
- Developing a sound understanding of Ascenti's commercial operating landscape, covering the current MSK physiotherapy and healthcare market.
- Ensuring that our CRM system is managed effectively and that our client account management processes are strong.
- Managing NHS contracts and commissioners, working to understand the nuances of different NHS services and the unique needs of our public sector work.
- Using expert communication, negotiation and influencing skills to manage client expectations and renewal or expansion initiatives.
- Proactively leading on business development initiatives, assessing the marketplace, stakeholder engagement and capitalising on new opportunities.
- Working closely with operational teams and other internal departments to ensure that contract management and communication is joined-up and high quality.
- Collaborating with our commercial team to support future business goals, for example by assessing our capability to deliver after procurement and supporting with specifications in tender documents.
- Leading on a range of other initiatives and activities aimed at building our reputation and credibility amongst existing and potential business clients and stakeholders.
Salary & benefits
- Previous experience in a contract or relationship management role.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Experience of working with a range of stakeholders across different levels of seniority.
- Strong computer and IT skills, with experience of using Excel and interpreting data.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, but also able collaborative as part of a strong team dynamic.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to problem solve effectively.
- 20 days annual leave (+ bank holidays)
- Sick-pay up to an annual cap
- Part-time working and split-role options available
- Support with training and development
- Company events, competitions and initiatives
- Discounts and other perks
- Charity time gifting
- Extra cash rewards and incentives
- Free physio and other wellbeing support
Learn more about the benefits of working at Ascenti here: https://www.ascenti.co.uk/careers/our-edge
Our goal is for Ascenti to be a workplace that creates a sense of belonging for everyone. This means that we actively work to promote equal opportunities across all that we do, including when we recruit new talent.