Overview of the role
You will supervise a team of front-line Service Desk and Client Computing staff. Your team will be responsible for providing technical desktop, mobile device, Print management and IT Service Desk support to employees. You will plan and monitor daily work activities to ensure appropriate coverage and commitment to quality, service and efficiency standards.
Duties and responsibilities
- Day to day management and responsibility for a team of Service Desk and Desktop support Analysts, ensuring appropriate business support coverage with staff shift rotations.
- Provide 1 & 2nd line incident and request fulfilment, working very closely with IT support technicians in other teams
- Participate as a Major Incident Manager process (MIM) for P1 / P2 incidents.
- Onboard news services onto the service desk ensuring the appropriate training for staff and process are put in place
- Ensure metrics and KPIs in evaluating service delivery quality and performance levels formulated, followed and adhered to
- Input into service level review process with the business and 3rd party service providers
- Act as the liaison for tracking, communicating and managing any temporary changes to service levels (e.g., extra support hours required by the business, reduced level services for maintenance initiated by service provider).
- Provide mentoring and training to members of the team, ensuring consistent standards of excellence and professionalism
- Assists in troubleshooting problems using technical knowledge where appropriate
- Provide follow up to stakeholders on escalations
- Tracks ticket trends in the ITSM toolset, identifying areas for improvement and putting improvement actions in place
- Support for Executive Level end users
- Additional duties in line with role to be performed where required
- Provide support to UK and European offices
- Travel to other offices including international if required
Technical skills and qualifications
- IT Technical supervisory experience preferred
- Experience of managing a team essential
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience of liaising with senior stakeholders and Executive team
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment
- Practical Working knowledge of Microsoft technologies including Windows OS desktop environment, Microsoft O365 application suite
- Knowledge of Apple IOS products desirable
- Practical working knowledge of Infrastructure technologies (Networking, Server etc)
In addition to putting clients first, acting like an owner, and succeeding as a team, the competencies for this role include:
- 5+ years in a technical support environment required (includes technical Help Desk)
- Supervisory and team building abilities with shown success of working as part of a team and developing staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills for leading staff, dealing with staffing issues and working with employees at all levels within the company.
- Ability to resolve complex problems positively and professionally.
- Highly motivated and proactive with a passion for technology and technical detail with a can-do attitude. Act with urgency as appropriate.
- Willingness to show initiative and to seek and achieve improvements to processes and technology.
- Ability to operate calm under pressure with experience of a high pressured and regulated environment preferred.
- Able to update customers and/or Senior IT and Business Management with info that is clear, precise and understandable, presenting information in a clear and compelling manner
- Good time management and planning skills - handling personal and team workload effectively, setting realistic and achievable targets and delivering those targets
- Participation in the onboarding of projects and new technologies into Service Desk. Ensuring staff are appropriately trained and skilled.