This function is made up of technical accounting specialists with extensive experience delivering expert accounting advisory services, financial reporting and regulatory change projects to major Tier-1 global banks, challenger banks and building societies. Our cient has deep expertise in complex accounting within the Banking and Financial Services sector such as IFRS 9, hedge accounting, securitisations and other structured transactions, derivatives, and deal accounting for mergers and acquisitions and group reorganisations.
Role and Responsibilities
- Technical accounting support on accounting and regulatory change projects such as IFRS 9, IFRS 15, IFRS 16, UK GAAP, FINREP, Pillar 3, Brexit, IBOR reform, and ESG reporting.
- Accounting advice on transactions and financial reporting such as on-call accounting advisory, design or review of accounting policy manuals and financial statements.
- Accounting advice with respect to securitisations and other structured transactions.
- Providing subject matter expertise support on multi-disciplinary finance transformation and deal advisory projects such as business structuring, group reorganisations, mergers and acquisitions. Accounting focus areas include IAS 32, IAS 38, IFRS 2, IFRS 3, IFRS 10 and the UK Companies Act requirements.
- Providing high quality and practical training and education for external and internal audiences.
- Providing valuable expert resources to clients to assist finance and reporting teams on the enhancement of financial reporting processes, implementation of complex finance changes or transactions requiring technical expertise.
- Manage client opportunities, deliver live engagements, lead small teams and provide input into larger multi-disciplinary teams.
- Respond to clients' ongoing ad-hoc technical accounting queries.
- Write and review client reports based on analytical exercises (e.g. review of clients' technical accounting decisions, stakeholder interview) to present findings and recommendations.
- Assist clients in their implementation programme for new accounting change or development and post-implementation review programme through delivering client workshops/training, direct assistance in performing the assessment and/or review of clients' assessment, review of technical accounting and risk interpretations prepared by clients e.g. IFRS 9.
- Manage and mentor junior engagement team members.
Qualifications and Skills
- Professional qualification: ACA, ACCA, CPA or equivalent.
- Strong technical knowledge of accounting standards related to financial instruments and/or relevant to Financial Services clients (IAS 39 hedge accounting, IFRS 9, IFRS 7, IFRS 13, IAS 32, IAS 38, IFRS 3, IFRS 10, IFRS 16, IFRS 15).
- Strong experience in the practical application of the above financial instrument accounting requirements within the Banking and Financial Services industry.
- Understanding of the Banking sector and UK and EU banking regulations and the critical interactions between IFRS and regulatory reporting.
- Excellent written and communication skills particularly in writing technical accounting analysis or opinions, delivering presentations and an ability to communicate well with clients both in writing and verbally.
- Strong ability to evaluate technical issues, research and analyse facts, ability to influence and deal with senior individuals, consult and deliver solutions to clients.
- Strong analytical skills in relation to impairment under IFRS 9, effective interest rate and other relevant valuation techniques.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.