Initial 18 month FTC
Our Higher Education client is at the beginning of a large recovery transformation programme and is looking to additional Programme Management support with the suitable candidate having a strong strategic background.
The Programme Manager will work closely with the current Programme Director and will play a pivotal role in planning and organisation of a series of complex and inter-dependent change projects which will be delivered through the Recovery Programme and are of strategic significance, in addition to managing the deliverables and objectives of the PMO.
* To mobilise and execute the core governance, project and programme management process required to enable the successful delivery of the Recovery Programme.
* Responsible for the day to day management of the PMO and its projects and programmes, approving the programme and workstream plans, identifying and managing dependencies, monitoring progress against plans.
* Own and take the lead in continuing to develop the organisations Project Management approach, ensuring it is effective and appropriate and utilised across all projects.
* Line management responsibility for the PMO programme team and oversight of other core programme management roles to support the Director of Change Management.
* Support the production of highlight reports and a dashboard for the Recovery Programme Board to have assurance over the programme.
* 5 years hand-on experience in a similar or related role(s)
* Expert knowledge of programme and project management processes and techniques;
* Strong change management knowledge and mind-set;
* Expert monitoring, tracking and reporting skills;
* Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills,
* Experience of staff management