Do you have previous compliance/auditing/quality checking experience gained within the Legal Sector?
We have a rare opportunity for someone who is familiar with the Legal environment to work alongside the team to ensure high compliance standards are met by keeping abreast of regulations and advising on best practice. If you are looking for your next step in compliance within a Legal Firm then read on:
Reporting to the Managing Partner of this highly respected and growing legal practice of around 100+ employees duties will include:
- To keep abreast of general legislative and regulatory requirements placed on the firm (including, but not limited to, the SRA Standards and Regulations, data protection, anti-tax evasion, anti-bribery and anti-money laundering legislation but not including employment law) ("the regulatory requirements")
- To monitor compliance within the firm of the regulatory requirements through observance of the firm's policies and procedures and by regular review of risk data (including outcomes of file reviews) and reports; to make recommendations to the Supervisors as to steps needed to ensure compliance, and implement those steps under the direction and supervision of the Supervisors.
- To act as an interface between the members of the firm and the Supervisors in relation to queries or questions relating to compliance and to be the first point of contact for members of the firm to self-report breaches or concerns; to assess internal breach reports and provide prompt summarised reports to the Supervisors with an opinion as to whether a report should be made to an external regulatory authority.
To be successful you will need to demonstrate:
- A good knowledge of SRA Standards and Regulations
- A good knowledge of Data Protection within a professional service firm
- Anti-money laundering regulations - to have a working knowledge of the AML Regulations and LSAG Guidance
Being part of a growing and highly reputable friendly firm with strong working links with the local community, charity work, social events, environmental issues and lots more! Flexible working with 2 days from home and 3 days in the office once training is completed if desired.
To apply for this fantastic opportunity please send your CV to Amanda at Tru Recruitment. We have a full job specification available. Salary depends on relevant experience.
Tru Recruitment are acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. If you do not hear from us within 5 working days, we are sorry, but you have not been successful on this occasion, but please do not hesitate to apply for any future vacancies that we advertise or call us for our free career advice.