We are looking for an experienced Area Manager to organize and oversee the operations of a number of stores. You will assume responsibility for the overall success of the stores by setting targets, supervising store managers, and ensuring they are attained. Effective area managers are skilled in managing diverse operations from a distance. They have a strategic mindset and are excellent leaders. Excellent abilities in financial and operations planning are also essential for the role. The goal is to ensure our stores will meet and exceed expectations of business development and efficiency.
What you'll do at Getir
- Manage the day-to-day of running dark shops in the pre-allocated area; meeting health & safety standards, managing stock deliveries, site cleanliness, and more.
- Ensure all store and company sales targets, operational goals, policies and procedures are met and maintained.
- Manage and maintain staff scheduling and meet payroll budgets, remaining reactive to trading patterns. Manage your team effectively and ensure optimum cover during peak trading periods.
- Outwardly demonstrating the values and visions of the business and inspiring the teams to do the same.
- Ongoing monitoring of customer service standards and cleanliness to continually "wow" customers & employees.
- Protect the Getir brand and ensure all team members meet personal presentation standards.
- Improve site efficiency and reduce site operational costs, but without ever undermining safety.
- Work closely with Operations Manager to improve the overall site performance. Exceed expected targets if possible.
- Be inclusive and emphatic. These are integral to this role, as such these values must run through you.
What Getir expects
- Minimum of three years' experience in managing a retail shop or a hospitality outlet. Multi-site experience is preferred.
- Great analytical thinker, working to fulfil KPI's, with the proven ability to drive sales.
- A can-do, will-do attitude.
- A highly adaptable candidate who is able to switch between long-term strategic initiatives one moment and pivot into rapid, tactical actions the next.
- Getir is a weekend and late-night company in the retail industry. It is essential for you to work shifts, including weeknights and weekends.
- You will be an inspirational leader, displaying excellent management skills along with identifying and nurturing talent to encourage career development and employee satisfaction.
- Excellent communication skills will allow you to embed and drive the Getir DNA in the team, along with ensuring all back of the house and operational procedures are adhered to.
What Getir offers?
- A once in a career opportunity to work with one of the fastest-growing mobile-commerce businesses in Europe on our start-up journey in Birmingham.
- The rare chance to work in a vibrant and energising start-up culture with flat hierarchies and develop your commercial skills for the digital future of retail
- Tools to do your job - MacBook provided.
- Employee discount
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme.
- Paid 20 days holidays plus public Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme after completing three-month probation period and 3% employer contribution
- Versatile development opportunities
- Open, respectful and fun company culture
- Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution
- Work with people who love what they do every day