DescriptionRegional Retail Manager, EMEA & Emerging MarketsLondon, United Kingdom Who We Are
Welcome to PANGAIA, a materials science company on a mission to save our environment. We are a global collective of one heart and many hands - scientists, technologists, designers - creating essential products from innovative tech and bio-engineered materials.
We design products for living in, for any situation and for basic needs. We create our products with smart technology and use as many sustainable & recyclable elements as possible.We are starting a movement. Designing a better future.about this role
We are excited to be recruiting a full-time Retail Managerreporting to the PANGAIA Commercial Director. This person will help is accountable for the leadership & execution of the Retail network and potential commercial partnership with key retailers and wholesalers in the region.
The Regional Retail Manager will drive commercial and operational excellence by influencing the Retail strategy, supporting an omni channel focus and optimising sales & profit margin, through new and innovative ideas and ways of working.a day in the life:
- Key stakeholder in formulating the PANGAIA retail strategy, identifying regional and commercial opportunities in line with the wider Company strategy and objectives.
- Accountable for all retail KPI´s and planned performance.
- Together with Retail Ops support execute & maintain industry best practice throughout the network and improve internal and external operations processes.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with key retail contacts maximising every opportunity to develop the team and the business in the specific stores covered.
- Proactively develop collaborative relationships with all internal stakeholders - Finance, Operations, Merchandising, Digital.
- Support the planning and execution of all sites throughout the area as required by the business.
- Coach teams in retail best practice in order to deliver an outstanding Client Experience at point of sale.
- Develop new and relevant tools / methods to stimulate activity and energy at POS.
- Support and develop the retail performance of other Wholesale doors & special projects, including pop-ups, installations & activations.
- At least 6 years professional experience in similar position in the Retail Industry.
- Proven track record of driving sales growth and cost control.
- Proven experience leading a multi-channel business.
- Preferable experience in a fast pace, high growth business.
- Previous P&L accountability with highly effective numerical and financial skills.
- Inspirational leadership skills, with the ability to attract, retail and motivate teams.
- Excellent understanding of retail process, systems and tools with proven experience in improving them.
- Excellent organisational skills and a demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage varying stakeholder requirements.
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills with an ability to deal with complex issues; ability to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels.
- Fluent in English, any other European language is a plus (French, Italian, Spanish, German preferred).