Due to business growth within Asset Adoption, we have an exciting opportunity for an Asset Compliance Manager. This role will be on a permanent basis reporting to the Associate Director, Engineering and will be required to lead the Streetworks and Completions Teams through the development of a strong sense of shared purpose to ensure compliance with all internal and external quality and performance standards.
* Develop effective relationships with ICPs, Contractors and other Stakeholders (such as Highways Authorities and the Scottish Roadworks Commissioner) to support the asset adoption process, the execution of asset management activities and the network connections related construction works.
* Ensure ongoing compliance with all legislation and industry standards and best practice. In particular ensure CDM compliance throughout the application and continued development of robust procedures. Furthermore, promote and develop a clear understanding of CDM roles and responsibilities within the Streetworks and Completions teams.
* Ensure that all Completion Packs are reviewed and processed in accordance with Last Mile policies, procedures, and technical standards.
* Work closely with Asset Management and Asset Adoption Engineering teams to ensure Streetworks and Completions' processes are fit for purpose. Furthermore to ensure asset records are complete and to act where gaps are identified.
* Management of departmental performance through rigorous target setting, monitoring and review. Lead, motivate, communicate, develop, appraise and performance manage direct reports to ensure staff are fully motivated to achieve the right performance.
* Lead, maintain and implement process and procedure changes to improve quality and productivity within the Streetworks and Completions teams.
The individual should possess the following:
* Strong stakeholder management skills and experience, to establish and maintain effective stakeholder relationships.
* Experience & understanding of Health & Safety in both design and construction environments.
* Extensive contract management experience from procurement through to works completion
* Experience of undertaking line management duties including performance management, target setting, appraisals, and staff development.
* Effectively use a range of IT software including MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, and MS Outlook
What we offer in return:
* 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays
* Holiday Buy Back Scheme
* Employer Pension Contribution
* Discretionary Bonus
* Car allowance
Closing Date: 11th August 2021