Due to business growth within our Asset Adoption (Engineering) Team, we have an exciting opportunity for a Design Manager. This role will be on a permanent basis reporting to the Senior Manager, Asset Adoption (Engineering) and will lead the Design Team through the development of strong sense of shared purpose ensuring compliance with all company and industry standards, and legislation.
* Ensure that all Designs are reviewed in accordance with Last Mile policies, procedures, and technical standards.
* Effectively manage technical input and technical compliance for all aspects of the design process for asset adoption related design submissions from Independent Connection Providers (ICPs) and Last Mile developed designs for network connections.
* Ensure ongoing compliance with all legislation and industry standards and best practice. In particular ensure CDM compliance throughout the application and continued development of robust procedures. Furthermore, promote and develop a clear understanding of CDM roles and responsibilities within the Design team.
* Establish and maintain productive two-way relationships with ICPs to provide for continued improvement by way of increasing Design acceptance rates, reduction in the number of resubmissions and variations. Furthermore to utilise these relationships to seek feedback on areas for improvement for Last Mile.
* Lead, maintain, and implement process and procedure changes to improve quality and productivity within the Design team.
* Ensure that where required Design team members are regularly assessed, developed, and trained to ensure ongoing competence to undertake defined Design roles.
The individual should possess the following:
* Degree in Engineering Related Subject (or equivalent)
* Incorporated Engineer status (or evidence of working towards)
* Comprehensive gas or electricity industry knowledge with a distribution utility or closely related industry
* Experience of undertaking line management duties including performance management, target setting, appraisals, and staff development
* Significant experience of undertaking Electrical/Gas designs and a detailed knowledge of relevant industry standards
* Good knowledge of primary and energy distribution legislation e.g., ESQCR, Elect Act, Gas Act, GSMR, HSWA etc and working knowledge of regulated UK utility sectors
What we offer in return:
* 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays
* Holiday Buy Back Scheme
* Employer Pension Contribution
* Discretionary Bonus
* Car Allowance
Closing Date: 11th August 2021