OVERVIEW OF YOUR ROLE
Lead and manage your accounts according to the values, purpose and mission of the company.
You must have strong interpersonal skills, planning and organisational abilities and strategic thinking.
You should be professional, challenging, inspirational, supportive, living up to the highest standards set by our values. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Understand the client's business, their brands and their customers
- Monitor and understand your clients' markets and their environments. You should have views on market issues and be up to date with competitive activity and potential new entrants.
- Stay up to date with the latest podcast trends and updates to help our clients achieve their business and marketing goals.
- Know your client's objectives and business results, both macro and micro. You should be aware of corporate issues, as well as knowing the campaign results inside out. You should understand and have a view on what drives profitability and other key success criteria. You must be able to talk confidently to senior clients about these subjects.
- You should know how to create presentations to report campaign performance
- Understand the best ways to reach our client's target audience and how to target the best prospects.
- Understand what content appeals to a B2B audience
- Drive yourself and your team to be one step ahead of your clients - always be proactive by suggesting innovative ideas to them.
- Grow your business through growing your clients business.
- Confidently sell impactful ideas to clients
- Get involved with and present at new business pitches.
- Drive digital strategy across channels in the agency
- Effectively manage your time and stay one step ahead of your work
Key elements are client relationship building and service delivery. As a Senior Account Manager you are responsible for ensuring that you and your team understand your clients' needs and deliver an excellent service.
- You need to create a 'partnership' relationship with your clients at all levels.
- Develop/maintain excellent presentation standards. All client communication should be simple and effective. check all documents before they go to the client. Make sure all correspondence, documents, client correspondence, Digital/content plans, creative briefs and contact reports, estimates, scope documents are accurate before sending.
- Ensure that results reporting to clients are regular and that results are kept up in a central place for easy reference by your team. Ensure you share results with your team.
- Ensure that a central file is kept of essential client information, eg Data guidelines and lead times, registered details, key contacts and addresses, delivery instructions, etc
- Make sure you take full responsibility for the executional detail of each job especially, status/contact reports, proofreading, testing, legal etc approval and client sign off.
- Organise monthly and quarterly client reviews with clients - these should be an opportunity to review results against targets but also a forum for the agency to demonstrate innovative thinking.
- Build a social relationship with your clients.
- Always find ways to show the client how we are living our purpose to make everyone feel like they belong.
- Listen to your clients/lead your clients
It is your responsibility to manage the finances on your accounts, from driving profitability through to ensuring that invoices are paid on time:
- Ensure that campaigns run to agreed client budgets and that clients approve all expenditure before it happens, especially unexpected expenditure.
- Produce annual and monthly forecasts of income and report these to your Managing Director
- Ensure that your account is maximizing its profitability potential
- Ensure all billing is done on time. Maintain a tidy WIP - no debts.
- Work with Finance to ensure invoices are paid on time.
- Work with the Managing Director to prepare client fee recommendations and reconciliation.
- Keep up to date with timesheets and expenses claims.