Are you seeking an exciting opportunity with a forward thinking Law firm based in Warrington?
We are a rapidly growing law firm, established in 2011 and have successfully been growing ever since, through the support of our dedicated and diverse workforce.
We specialise in high volume debt recovery and litigation with exciting plans to grow our workforce and services over the next 5 years.
We are a small, agile busy firm, providing advice to our corporate Clients in respect of our specialised services. As a Solicitor you will be working to support the Head of Department (Legal) as well as the firm in delivering excellent customer services to ensure the needs and expectations of our Clients and consumers are satisfied.
If you are a qualified Solicitor looking to focus on Debt recovery and Litigation, please read on:
· Full Time
· Permanent Position
· Salary of £30,000 per annum
· Working hours of 9:00am - 5:15pm Monday to Friday
· 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
· As a Solicitor you will be working in our Legal Department focussing on Debt recovery
You will be responsible for:
· A bulk caseload of Small Claims Track cases arising from private Parking Charge Notices
· Dealing with fast track and multi-track cases in high value claims.
· Assessing liability and quantum
· Drafting Witness Statements, Replies to Defences, further and better particulars, applications and more complex Defences to Counterclaims
· Handling general file queries
· Providing advice to Clients specifically with regards to liability and cost implications
· Interpreting the law where relevant to specific cases
· Preparing cases for Court
· Undertaking mediation
· Attending Set Aside Application hearings on more complex cases (via telephone and video conferencing)
· Working with vulnerable consumers in line with the firm's policies and procedures
· Taking escalation calls from Legal Assistants as and when required
· Active involvement in the Well Care Team-dealing with vulnerable consumers
Qualifications and Experience
This is a mid to senior level position within our Legal Department. It would ideally suit someone with sound knowledge of the Civil Procedure Rules and experience in debt recovery. The ideal candidate will have the following:
· 1 year PQE (desirable)
· Current practicing certificate with no conditions (essential)
· Debt recovery experience (a minimum of 2 years is preferable)
· Proficiency in using Proclaim (desirable)
· Strong academic background
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment
· Ability to work as a part of a team and independently
· A keen eye for detail
· Commercial awareness
· Loyalty holiday incentive scheme, to earn up to an additional 5 days holiday per annum;
· Company Pension (1% above the employer auto-enrolled requirement);
· Company Incentives;
· Up to 90 minutes paid leave for medical appointments;
· Firm Social Committee who plan team building, charity events and firm wide functions; and
· Firm progression structure for those looking to build a career.
Reference ID: JM/GLA
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £26,785.00-£30,000.00 per year
Twice weekly lateral flow testing, daily temperature checks, mask wearing in communal areas