My School is a popular 5-form entry middle school with pupils aged 9-13 years with a "good" rated OFSTED
My school are looking for a passionate School Librarian/Resource Manager to join them. This is a great opportunity to join a forward thinking team, who are dedicated to supporting their pupils in reaching their potentials. You will have the opportunity to grow professionally, develop wider professional skills and make a huge contribution to the growing success of the school.
The right candidate will:
• Be 'well read', have a passion for literature and be able to infuse pupils with a love and enjoyment of reading which supports improved literacy skills.
• Be a creative, self-motivated and highly organised individual who has the ability to inspire readers of all ages.
• Be a hard-working and enthusiastic person who has either already worked with children in a school class based environment or has experience of working in a library.
• Have the drive and energy to operationally manage an effective School Library, including the implementation and promotion of digital learning.
• Support the school by leading on the promotion of school events and marketing.
• Have excellent communication and organisational skills, be flexible and have a calm approach when engaging with others and tasks.
• Be an efficient administrator who enjoys working as part of a team, being flexible and willing to undertake whatever tasks are asked of them.
• Be capable or working both independently and as part of a team and able to manage a busy workload with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
You will have:
• Good organisational skills
• The ability to work on your own and as part of a team
• An extensive knowledge of books for children in upper KS2 and in KS3
• An experience of working successfully with children
• Good ICT skills (a knowledge of library software such as Eclipse and/or Accelerated Reader would be advantageous)
• A positive attitude and sense of humour!
• Experience of working in admin and possess the related skills
• A warm, welcoming and friendly disposition
• An understanding of the importance of safeguarding in an educational context
• Good communication skills and be able to liaise with different stakeholders
• A good standard of education and possess GCSE (or equivalent) level 4 or able in Maths and English
In return, we can offer:
• A motivated, hard-working and supportive team of professional to learn alongside and from
• Friendly pupils with a passion for learning
• A strong commitment to your ongoing professional development
• A permanent opportunity