Our client, a medium sized City based Banking Group, wish to recruit an individual to join their Internal Audit team to help manage the effective design and delivery of the audits toward fulfilling the objective of completing the annual audit plan effectively.
Some of the key duties:
- Perform and / or lead risk-based audit assignments across the entire branch activities including Treasury, Lending, Credit etc. to include reporting results effectively to Senior Management.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of the rules, regulations and guidelines of the UK market.
- Conduct annual Risk Assessments and prepare the Annual Audit Plan.
- Monitor Audit tracking reports for corrective actions taken by the Branch.
- Conduct SOX-related activities.
- Attending Committees/Meetings
- Reviewing internal documents and reporting the results to the Head of Department.
Applications are invited from part qualified/qualified Auditors or those individuals "qualified by experience" who, having originally gained audit experience in Big 4/practice, now offer current internal audit experience gained specifically in the banking sector or an aligned industry. This should ideally include working across business risk areas such as Treasury front and back office, regulatory compliance and risk management.