Speech and Language Teaching Assistant
September 2021 start
Daily Rage £70 - £85
A vibrant Primary School based in Southwark, South East London is seeking an experienced Special Needs Teaching Assistant.
The School is highly regarded in the community and was recently graded 'Outstanding' by Ofsted. The School has exceptional provision for students with learning difficulties and puts huge emphasis on inclusion. The staff team are passionate and receive regular training to provide specialist curriculum to those students with special needs.
The SEN TA role will commence from September 2021 with the opportunity to become permanent for the ideal candidate. The role is focused, one-to-one with a child with Speech and Language Communication Needs (SLCN).
You must be a patient and caring worker, able to reinforce and model positive speech and verbal communication. You will deliver one-to-one intervention to build the child's speech and language and help boost his attainment levels, with a focus on Reading and Writing. Parents, carers and visitors often comment on the positive and welcoming atmosphere they notice when visiting the school.
What the school can offer?
* A place where you will feel valued for your hard work
* Innovative CPD packages because we want to invest in you
* working with a well-behaved student who is keen to learn and progress
* an inclusive school with specialist facilities
This school is looking for:
* SEN TA with experience supporting students with Speech and Language difficulties
* Positive, 'can do' attitude, someone who is willing to go the extra mile to help students
* Knowledge of PECS or Makaton (preferred)
* Reliable and honest with strong references and track record
* Who can also make learning fun!
By registering with Remedy Education, we can offer you:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this great position as a Speech and Language Teaching Assistant or for more information about the role, contact Carly Walters on, (phone number removed)