Learning Support Assistant, Newcastle upon Tyne:
Schools Mutual Services are seeking to recruit Learning Support Assistants to work in one of our partner Secondary Schools in Newcastle upon Tyne.
* This involves supporting the main class teacher by taking up their delegated tasks and helping relevant students.
* Learning support assistants advise teaching staff on the needs of particular students after spending more focused time with them, and should develop a mutually supportive relationship with teaching staff.
* As a learning support assistant you may get involved in collaborative planning with colleagues to ensure the effective use of support.
* A desire to work with young people presenting with challenging behaviour is desirable.
* You must hold at least a Level 4 qualification and have experience working with children.
* You must also hold a current update registered DBS (or be willing to undertake a DBS application). Your DBS must be enhanced for the child workforce and be on the update service.
* You must be able to give references and hold the right to work within the UK.
* You must also be willing to adapt to different routines daily.
Who we are:
Schools Mutual Services are a not-for-profit recruitment service set up specifically for the Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust. Formed in 2020, we work side by side with the Trust's HR department to recruit permanent and temporary staff for positions within. Some benefits of working for Schools Mutual Services include:
* We view our candidates as valued education professionals
* Industry leading rates of pay with direct contracts through the Trust
* Consistent permanent employment opportunities through our schools and a guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria)
* Inclusive training given by schools to help with professional development and alignment with current curriculum
* Access to a HR consultant who will provide ongoing support
* More benefits such as pension and health care included
Schools Mutual Services are registered with APSCo who are the leading education safeguarding compliance body. Upon registration, a thorough interview procedure takes place where you are expected to give accurate information and explain any gaps of employment. For safeguarding procedures, we required your references to be satisfactory and for DBS purposes, any convictions declared