We are an award-winning Global Fintech business who enable our clients to use software and APIs to accept payments, send pay outs, and manage their businesses online.
We are looking to recruit a Staff Infrastructure Engineer who will engage in all aspects of the design, implementation, and ongoing stewardship of our hosting environments.
These new environments will embrace observability, high-availability, information-security, and infrastructure-as-code as first-class concerns. You will take a hands-on approach alongside peers within our TechOps, DevOps, and InfoSec practices.
You will also play a critical role in operational support of existing legacy and future acquired assets.
To be successful, you must be a self-starter and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously; you will own deliverables end to end, prioritize workload effectively, and thrive in a dynamic environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Provide senior TOps leadership on all design and standards issues including analysis, development, implementation, as well as training and mentoring of technologies
* Evaluate, test, develop, and implement complex technical solutions to address a variety of business problems. This includes hardware, software, configurations standards, and creating solutions with a specific focus on driving business value.
* Responsible for supporting system and network infrastructure including but not limited to switches, routers, load balancers, firewalls, compute, storage, and virtualisation assets. Oversees proactive grooming, life cycle management, upgrades, capacity management, and high priority incident, change, and problem management.
* Manages highly visible/risky changes and ensures infrastructure is running efficiently. Acts as TOps liaison to peers in Engineering, Architecture, Information Security, and Production Support.
* Works closely with Engineering and Security to stay abreast of upcoming TOps related initiatives, as well as notifies these groups of re-occurring issues within the TOps realm.
* Ensure the availability, performance, and operational integrity of the Systems and Network Engineering domain.
* Align systems solutions/technologies to complement and support business/strategic plans.
* Make recommendations for emerging, new, and altered technologies that would contribute to system productivity and cost savings improvements.
* Establish system management criteria and develop, maintain, and monitor procedures and policies.
* Coordinate appliance and software upgrades with vendors and teams as necessary.
* Coordinate capacity planning and analyse information for hardware tuning and integration.
* Issue technical bulletins to inform users of system changes and act as technical advisor.
* Provide CTO office with regular reports detailing network usage, security, and voice system service levels, maintenance, turnaround, and response times.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
* 10+ years of relevant experience in Windows/Linux/Cloud environments.
* 10+ years of experience with enterprise-level system/network design and support.
* 5 years of experience as a technical lead or architect.
* Commitment to achieving 100% uptime.
* Technical expertise and hands-on with Windows Server administration, Linux, Active Directory, DNS, Cisco/Juniper/Palo Alto Networks WAN/LAN Technologies
* Knowledge of Routing, Switching, IP Networking, DNS, LAN/WAN, QoS setup, VLANs, BGP, OSPF, and Layer 2/3 protocols.
* Solid experience with Virtual Private Networking, and Wireless Access Points.
* Bash/PowerShell/Perl/Python or other scripting.
* Experience with Disaster Recovery planning and implementation.
* Experience with network security such as certificate management in applications.
* Experience with monitoring tools to identify potential failures and support forensic investigations.
* Palo and Juniper experience preferred.
* AWS/Azure experience would be beneficial.
* Preferred certifications: CCNA, CCNP, CCSP, MCSE, VCP, ITIL or other best practice methodology.
* Configuration Management platform (Anisble, Chef, ect) exposure.
Unlimited Holiday Allowance, plus bank holidays / Bonus / 4 x death in service benefit / income protection / medical / monthly home office allowance £60 / one off payment remote set up allowance to pay for desk, chair etc.
Please press apply now to submit your application. Alternatively, if you would like further information on this position or other positions win a similar sector, please contact Shaunna Doherty on (phone number removed) for a confidential conversation.
We are an equal opportunities Business. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Each company within the Planet Equity Group is a "data controller". This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you in line with GDPR guidelines. Full details regarding how we hold your data is available within our Privacy Notice accessible at our website