Hardware Support Engineer
LumiraDx is a medical technology company developing, manufacturing and marketing smart connected diagnostics and diagnostic-led care solutions. Founded in 2014 by entrepreneurs with a successful track record in building and scaling medical diagnostics and health IT businesses, the company has major operations in the UK and the USA, and is supported by a global sales network, LumiraDx currently has over 1,200 employees worldwide.
We have recently launched the innovative LumiraDx Platform, and are looking for proactive, experienced, focused and enthusiastic individuals who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of our dynamic and forward-looking company.
The Systems Engineer - Product Support is responsible for assisting with troubleshooting, testing, and investigation activities for our IVD instrumentation platform hardware as part of the Hardware System Integration Product Support team. This will involve communication and collaboration with both hardware engineers and assay scientists.
Purpose of the role
You will be a valued member of the site product support team who will assist in support and integration activities between the instrumentation hardware and assay development teams.
Key Areas of Responsibility
* Communicate with team lead to complete workload in a timely manner.
* Perform day-to-day testing through liaison with team lead.
* Analyse experimental data and work with senior members of the team to determine next steps.
* Highlight errors and issues in a timely manner to facilitate resolution.
* Use programs such as Excel and Minitab for data analysis to support decision making.
* Good appreciation for electronics, software, mechanical and optical engineering disciplines.
* Good understanding of test automation platforms like LabVIEW, MATLAB and Python.
* Create and maintain records of experiments and investigations for the purpose of assessing and improving methodologies.
* Attend and contribute to bug / defect tracking meetings.
* Creation of well-structured documentation, such as test protocols and reports, that comply with the company quality system.
* Use of online tools for document management, task management and requirements management.
* Understand and follow regulatory standards including EN60601, EN61010, ISO13485 and ISO14971.
To be successful in this role you must be a highly motivated individual that can demonstrate flexibility and a can-do attitude. You should ensure positive, productive and proactive relationships with a range of internal and external key stakeholders
* Bachelor's degree in an engineering or science discipline.
* Background in product development, product support.
* Data focused, able to read and interpret different source of data.
* Ability to follow a protocol precisely and offer recommendations for improvements.
* Understand the language of assay scientists and instrumentation engineers.
* Ability to write clear and concise protocols for different experimental methods.
* Experience using one or more scripting or programming languages.
* Experience troubleshooting in a lab environment.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate and present clearly.
* Computer literacy and experience with standard lab/office tools.
* Showing evidence of understanding of medical devices.
* Background in medical devices development, IVD, optical or imaging systems.
* Background in Biology or biochemistry.
* Demonstration of problem solving and innovation.
* Experience using automated data analysis methods.
* Experience troubleshooting in a hardware/software environment.
* Awareness of hardware systems e.g. optical/imaging/microfluidic/thermal/magnetic systems.
* Experience within a biohazard environment.
At LumiraDx, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. LumiraDx is committed to inclusion across race, colour, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or identity. We celebrate uniqueness and believe diversity drives innovation. LumiraDx seeks to deliver high quality, affordable medical diagnostics and healthcare services accessible to everyone around the world, and we wish to reflect a global multi-cultural approach across our business
Please note, if you wish to submit an application for this role, please consider the following information:
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you are an internal candidate, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you're successful, you may be subject to all or some of the LumiraDx standard pre-employment checks.
Criminal records data is processed as part of our recruitment and selection processes and, where necessary, in the course of employment, we verify that candidates are suitable for employment or continued employment to comply with legal and regulatory obligations to which the company is subject. LumiraDx place a high level of importance on its responsibilities for information security and privacy and have put in place an information security management system to ensure that the company and its staff maintain the highest standards with respect to data protection and information security. All staff are responsible for information security and therefore must understand and comply with the Company information security policies, procedures and guidance