Our client is a subsea and offshore grouting specialist for the global energy construction industries. Its primary business is securing structures to the seabed by foundation grouting. They provides structural repair services for subsea and offshore structures, as well as pipeline and cable support and protection services.
They are now seeking a dedicated Mechanical Design Engineer with a project bias to ensure the effectiveness of ongoing Operations within the organisation.
8 Month Contract with opportunity for extension
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will oversee the design, procurement, fabrication, assembly and testing of new equipment. They have an exciting opportunity to build a piece of new equipment and the successful candidate would be responsible for reviewing existing designs, optimising and implementing. The build of the kit will be overseen and managed effectively on site in the workshop on site and require effective time management and use of resources to keep the build on schedule and to specification.
There ideal candidate will be a Mechanical Design Engineer with previous experience working within a plant equipment design and fabrication environment. You will also:
* Have a relevant Engineering qualification from degree level in Mechanical or Mechanical Design engineering and above (other qualifications will be considered, depending on experience).
* In-depth knowledge and ability to operate and complete 3D modelling to produce fabrications drawings.
* Extensive knowledge of metal fabrication processes, dimensioning and tolerances.
* Be well organised, logical and methodical in your approach to work.
* Have knowledge of working with cementitious mixing design equipment such as concrete or grout mixers and/or pumps (desirable)
* Have exposure to or experience of running the financial side of a project build including preparation of RFQs, processing invoices and forecasting.
* Have experience writing manuals and full document packs for equipment and offshore operations.
* Have experience with grouting operations (desirable)
* Have experience of equipment regulations for offshore equipment.
In this role, you will be expected to;
* Create models in 3D drawing software and create fabrication drawings (PTC Creo Parametric preferable)
* Issue drawings to the on site workshop, engage in reviews with the fabrication team and ensure designs are implemented accurately.
* Prepare technical specifications, calculations and designs for CAD documentation.
* Evaluate, organise and prioritise work within the overall project schedule
* Project manage and lead discipline engineers as and when required
* Attend and chairing project meetings
* Have experience with FEA (desirable)
* Manage the mechanisms for progress monitoring and reporting against project plan, implementing corrective action, as and when variations from plans occur
* Research new materials and methods of development
* Coordinate trialling, testing and reporting of assembled equipment
* Manage procurement of components with suppliers to keep deliveries on schedule and make sure quality of products delivered is as agreed.
The role will be located with the Operations Team in the Livingston Office and report to the Projects Manager.
For the right applicant, there is an attractive remuneration package on offer including 33 days holiday, 10% employer contribution to pension scheme and potential to earn bonus