Supporting the finance partner (assets & growth) in ensuring that the data and transactions related to our fixed assets are kept fully up to date, are appropriate and available for effective decision support and risk management.
What will you be doing here?
* Managing, maintaining and improving the accuracy, reliability, validity and timeliness of data held within the fixed asset register (FAR) and other systems.
* Establishing and documenting formal processes and step by step procedure notes for updating the FAR, including additions, disposals, component replacements and changes in underlying assumptions (e.g., depreciation rates, useful economic life).
* Improving the processes and assisting in the preparation of the fixed asset notes and related schedules for the annual financial statements.
* Supporting the finance partner (assets & growth) to determine inputs for financial plans, budgets and forecasts for the assets and growth directorate and ongoing monitoring and analysis of spend.
* Reviewing our fixed asset component categories to ensure the accounting and operational details match for budgeting, reporting and decision-making.
* Performing analysis and recommending improvements for the accounting and recording of key fixed assets, component replacements, useful economic lives and the separating assets into single components.
* Working with the colleagues from across the business to ensure the maximum recovery of VAT under our HMRC-approved VAT shelter.
* Developing a more complete and comprehensive reconciliations of balances between the general ledger project ledger, FAR and statutory notes (e.g., housing properties).
* Supporting the finance partner (assets and growth) with calculating the accounting entries relating to fixed assets (e.g., additions, disposals, component replacements, depreciation and impairments) and monthly key account reconciliations.
Skills and experience
* Experience of managing, maintaining and improving a detailed fixed asset register, preferably in social housing or a similar asset-based businesses.
* Experience of analysing and interpreting large data sets and summarising key trends.
* Experience of financial planning, reporting and analysis.
* Experience of collaborating with both finance and non-finance colleagues across an organisation.
* Strong commercial acumen with excellent communication and digital skills, including experience of specialist finance systems and reporting tools.
* Strong problem solving, analytical and report writing skills.
Qualifications and other requirements
* CCAB qualified accountant
* Experience of UK GAAP, FRS102 and Housing SORP
* Driving license with own transport preferred
* Open Accounts experience preferred
* Social housing experience preferred