Active Staff are working with a reputable Accountancy firm in Frilford Oxford.
We are recruiting for an Senior Accountant to join a busy team in their office in Frilford.
This role will be full time working 37.5 hours per week Monday through to Friday.
• Look after your own portfolio of clients, with support from a Junior
• Support, drive and promote the business growth
• Liaise with new and existing clients
• Review and sign off accounts (some preparation of accounts will be required)
• Accounts preparation for limited companies, partnerships, sole traders and charities
• Preparation of corporation tax returns
• Preparation of self-assessment tax returns
• Supporting clients in accounting and taxation issues
• Preparation of management accounts
• Support the company's brand (social media etc.)
• Build strong team relationship skills
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Part qualified/Qualified with experience in an accountancy practice
• Full UK driving license.
• Minimum three years' experience in practice (preferably currently working in practice)
• TaxCalc/Xero experience preferred but not essential.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Ability to judge priorities and make decisions quickly
• Familiar with accounting packages (Excel, TaxCalc and Xero)
• Excellent working knowledge of FRS102, FRS102 section 1a and FRS105 is essential
• Solid understanding of tax and ability to advise clients
• Ability to solve problems, take responsibility and start adding value to the team immediately
• Able to work independently is a must
• Complete client services/tasks on time according to internal and external deadlines
• Work in line with company behaviors and organisational culture
• Deal with clients, suppliers, and other employees professionally at all times
• Allocate the appropriate amount of time to tasks (revenue generating activities)
• Prioritise activities according to company urgencies
Please contact Kelly Miall if you would be interested in this position