Position: Nursery Nurse
Salary Banding: £9- £12 per hour (dependent on qualification/s and experience)
Hours: Part Time / Permanent / 16 hours
Location: Crouch End fields
Purpose of Role:
This role will be key delivering high quality engagement with children supporting there developmental needs, whilst ensuring the highest levels of supervision is maintained. You must maintain our Keeping Everyone Safe policies and procedures and continuously demonstrate and adhere to safe working practices.
With your expert knowledge of the regulatory requirements, you will complete observation and assessment standards Bright Beginnings, Bright Horizons curriculum to ensure a child-centred approach. Working in partnership with parents to complete the observation and planning process meeting the needs of all children in line with the Quality Assurance Framework. Working to ensure service excellence for our current and prospective customers. This includes role modelling behaviour in line our HEART principles and Bright Promise to deliver exceptional care and education.
In addition, this role will work with the room leader together with Early Childhood Specialists to drive continuous improvement and embed inspirational early years pedagogy of the highest standard and secure regulatory compliance with better than National Average inspection outcomes in the UK.
You will support in sharing and articulating the attributes of the Bright Horizons brand, securing Bright Horizons as the provider of choice for families, corporate clients, and employees.
You will support to sharing and articulating the attributes of the Bright Horizons brand, securing Bright Horizons as the provider of choice for families, corporate clients, and employees.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Complete observation and assessment standards Bright Beginnings, Bright Horizons curriculum to ensure a child-centred approach and complete the observation and planning process meets the needs of all children in line with the Quality Assurance Framework
* Deliver the highest care and educations standards, support and carryout key person 1-1 supervision meetings with families and other professionals to support child development and child achieving their personal miles stones and the EYFS and bright Beginning curriculum and regulatory standards.
* Ensuring internal policies and procedures and legislation from governing bodies are adhered to and you can demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of Policies and Procedures through your individual impact statements 1-1 meetings and your practice.
* In line with Bright Horizons UK standards for pedagogy, lead and support the Bright Beginnings, Bright Horizons curriculum to ensure a child-centred approach to all aspects of the nursery, and ensure the observation and planning process meets the needs of all of your designated key children in line with the Quality Assurance Framework.
* Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication with all stakeholders of the nursery and wider Bright Horizons community including parent's professionals and colleagues.
* Ensure Keeping Everyone Safe policies and procedures are followed and continuously demonstrate behaviours that underpin a high performing safety culture.
* Understand the referral processes and when necessary engage with professionals to make a child referral.
* To understand all safeguarding procedures and to make the Designated Safeguarding lead (DSL) aware of any concerns in relation to the Safeguarding of our children, families or colleagues
* Working as part of a larger team to ensure all essential day to day tasks are completed in line with the nursery demands ie. Hygiene standards and room preparation.
* Promote the nursery to current parents and potential customers to support the retention and ongoing occupancy growth
* Actively promote and support charities including the Bright Horizons Foundation for children
* Continuation of personal professional development to ensure your knowledge and skills are up to date, full, and relevant to the role of a qualified Nursery Nurse.
* Full and relevant level 3 qualification or level 2 qualification (essential)
* 12 hours paediatric first aid (essential)
* Food Hygiene or equivalent training and compliance in food management (this can be completed as part of Induction)
* Relevant safeguarding/child protection training undertaken and a willingness to update training regularly (essential)
* Evidence of continuous professional development