Mental Health and Wellbeing Tutor
Together with people who have experienced mental health problems we provide quality services and support that reduce stigma and promote positive mental health and wellbeing.
Job Title: Mental Health and Wellbeing Tutor
Location: Coventry and Warwickshire
Salary: £15,324 per annum (£21,000 FTE)
Hours: 27 hours per week
Job type: Permanent
Are you passionate about making a difference to the lives of people, their families, and their communities?
Do you believe in empowering people to manage their own mental health and wellbeing?
Would you like to be part of an inclusive, enabling, honest and effective organisation?
Our vision is of a society that promotes good mental health for all and values, as equals, people who experience mental health problems.
Come and join our creative, dynamic, and motivated team supporting people across Coventry and Warwickshire! We look forward to receiving your application.
Purpose of the Job
To be involved in the creation and delivery of a range of courses and workshops delivered either face to face in community venues across Warwickshire or on online platforms as part of our Recovery & Wellbeing Academy.
The Academy is made up of a group of partner organisations, including Coventry & Warwickshire Partnership Trust (CWPT) with whom the project was created and developed. Our courses are educational and aim to equip people with the skills and knowledge to better manage their mental health and wellbeing, and to provide people with the tools to improve their resilience and cope with life's difficulties.
You Will Have Experience of:
* Working with a wide range of agencies.
* Course delivery and/or working with groups.
* Supporting in the delivery of mental health support services.
* Monitoring and evaluation.
* Working with online platforms such as Zoom.
* Lived experience of mental health issues is valued.
Essential Criteria includes:
* A minimum of two years' experience of working with adults with mental health issues
* A minimum of two years experience of group facilitation or training
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, written and verbal
* Administration and organisational skills
* A good understanding of social exclusion and the principles of recovery
* Minimum NVQ level 3 in mental health
* An ability to travel to venues across Coventry and Warwickshire
* Must have access to a vehicle as means of transport
What We Can Offer You
The following are just some of the benefits that Coventry and Warwickshire Mind offer its employees:
* Annual Leave - 25 days plus bank holidays plus an extra day for every 2 completed holiday years' service, to a maximum of 5 additional days after ten holiday years of service (pro-rata).
* Wellbeing Day - Every employee receives the benefit of a Wellbeing Day, each year, which can be booked if you feel you need a day to take care of your own mental health and wellbeing.
* Life Insurance Policy - All employees of Coventry and Warwickshire Mind are covered by a Life Insurance policy. You will be auto enrolled onto the scheme from day one of service and are covered for the duration of your working life with the organisation or until your 75th birthday, if still employed by CW Mind. The cover is for a payment of 2 x gross salary (tax free), should you die whilst in service with CW Mind.
* Employee Development - Active encouragement not only to assist performance in the current role but also for the benefit of personal development via various means.
* Flexible Working - A range of options available for all employee's, after completing 26 weeks of service, dependent on role and responsibilities. This includes, working patterns, working in CWM venues, and working remotely.
* Pension - Minimum 5% employee contribution and 3% employer contribution, with an ethical investment policy option.
* Sick pay - On passing the probationary period, Coventry and Warwickshire Mind employees will be entitled to paid sick leave.
Please refer to the Guidance Notes and the Person Specification when completing your application form.
To discuss this role further please contact Chris Sampson on (phone number removed)
Closing date: 5pm - Friday 20th August 2021
Interview dates: Wednesday 25th and Thursday 26th August 2021.
Please see the Job Description for this role. If you are interested in this post, please read the Guidance Notes before completing the Application Form and Equal Opportunities Form.
Please note: Only successful applicants will be notified.
We reserve the right to close the application window early and without notice should a suitable number of applications be received.
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind values diversity and difference. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community, particularly under-represented groups and people with lived experience of mental health issues.
Coventry and Warwickshire Mind is a leading mental health service provider and an equal opportunities employer