Are you an experienced Primary SEN Teaching Assistant who is looking for a new teaching role?
SANZA Teaching are delighted to be working with this Ofsted rated 'Outstanding' Special Needs School who are currently seeking to appoint an ambitious teaching assistant for an immediate start.
You would be working in a three-form entry primary school start in September 2021 in Waltham Forest, London.
The School is well established and highly regarded in the community. It is a government funded School which caters to students with mild and severe learning disabilities between the ages of 5 and 16 years old. Opportunities for further career progression, leadership and promotion are available for motivated and talented teaching assistants. This is an Inner London School and can offer an attractive daily rate of £80 - £90. Experience working in a primary is advantage but not essential.
This vibrant and diverse primary school situated in Waltham Forest close to Chingford aim to ensure all children are motivated by learning and offered the best opportunities they can provide. This community primary school has recently been through and expansion programme to expand the school from two to three forms of entry. Consequently, they can boast beautiful new buildings and extensive grounds. There most fundamental principle is that they believe intelligence and ability are not fixed and if their children develop skills such as resilience, resourcefulness, reflectiveness and reciprocity (learning to share and work as a team), they can meet their full potential.
Students in the school have a range of special needs including; Autism, Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Hearing and Sight Impairments. Behaviour is excellent and students feel pride in their education. They collect behaviour points and work towards rewards such as trips out into the community and specialist sporting activities. The School itself is very well resourced and structured to ensure children succeed and are ready for college and/or work by the time they leave at 16.
This primary is looking for an exemplary Primary SEN Teaching Assistant who has:
- SEN TA with experience supporting students with SEN
- Positive, 'can do' attitude, someone who is willing to go the extra mile to help students
- Knowledge of PECS or Makaton (preferred)
- Reliable and honest with strong references and track record
- Who can also make learning fun!
Benefits offered by the school:
- A positive and caring ethos and working environment
- Enthusiastic, motivated, well-behaved children and supportive parents
- A committed, friendly, welcoming and supportive staff team
- Excellent support from the Headteacher and governing body
- High quality and bespoke professional and career development opportunities.
General Primary SEN Teaching Assistant Responsibility:
- To assist the teacher responsible for a class of children within the school
- To be a committed and active member of the staff team and school community
- To provide nurture and support for a range of academic abilities.
- To monitor the social and emotional needs of the children, and to liaise with appropriate staff
- Run 1:1 Interventions and create a warm and caring environment where children can flourish and learn
- To ensure the good behaviour of all pupils in the school, supporting whole school procedures
- To be committed to the maintenance of high standards and quality of education throughout the school
By registering with Sanza Teaching, we can offer you:
We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. After visiting the school, I was incredibly impressed their behaviour management policy and outdoor learning facilities.
Please contact Lee at Sanza Teaching on (phone number removed) who will be happy to arrange a mutually convenient time with the school. There is no closing date for applications or interviews but the SEN Teacher Assistant vacancy will be withdrawn as soon as the post has been successfully filled.
For the opportunity to join this lovely school, please do not hesitate and email your CV today to (url removed)
Sanza teaching is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Sanza Teaching you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, that's 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most