BCM Global - Mortgage Services (SITA)
3 month contract
Remote working - Office location is in Ipswich (May be required in the office post Lockdown)
In Scope of IR35 (PAYE/UMB only)
The role of Project Manager is to lead and inspire our delivery teams to achieve exceptional customer outcomes. You will form relationships with key stakeholders, provide great decision making and effectively lead a delivery team. This role involves planning, directing and leading the development and implementation of projects to satisfy business strategies and objectives.
This role requires an individual to understand the security implications within a move from Azure to AWS and understand and ensure the policy behind this approach is managed effectively. They will need to navigate security requirements and ensure data privacy assessments are completed and meet the standard that would be expected. An understanding of policy would be beneficial as they will need to liaise with other stakeholders/teams to ensure the right policies are in place before/during and after the project.
Key Accountabilities and Main Responsibilities
· Demonstrating appropriate ways of working.
· Build strong relationships and actively collaborate across functions to support the achievement of objectives.
· Role model transparent and trustworthy communication - Display effective communication concepts, tools and techniques, accurately interpret ideas, information and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviours
· Partner with business sponsors to define success metrics and criteria
· Build, lead, and coach project teams throughout project life-cycles
· Engages the team, motivating them, taking care of their needs and maintaining a friendly and productive work environment. Holding self and other project team members accountable to meet commitments. Providing direction to the team, delegating and removing obstacles to get work done
· Defining project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
· Evaluating trade-offs between project size and complexity, cost, urgency, risk, and stakeholder value
· Facilitating informed engagement and sound decision making grounded in facts
· Implementing effective governance for project tracking and reporting to ensure timely and appropriate generation, collection, dissemination, storage, tracking reports and financial information
· Proactively manages project budget variance, scope and change requests. Enforces Link project governance & compliance, Delegation of Authority and the consistent application of Link's project methodology
· Developing and implementing a project schedule to meet project objectives within an agreed time frame
· Gain agreement to and monitoring of project schedules
· Ensure change control mechanisms are put in place to manage project schedules.
· Determining, monitoring, analysing and controlling project costs and outcomes to ensure they meet financial objectives
· Seek to control costs by using cost management techniques/methods coupled with change control
· Implementing quality assurance processes that drive the continuous improvement of quality.
· Determine and achieve quality objectives, standards and levels to be included in the project plan
· Management of tasks and resources
· Work with team managers to determine project resource requirements (Number, skills, and duration)
· Effectively manage risks and issues should they arise by
· Creating risk mitigation strategies to anticipate, assess and resolve project risks as they are encountered
· Promoting a culture of risk and compliance awareness.
Experience & Attributes
· Strong experience in project management within financial services, preferably with experience in superannuation and/or risk insurance knowledge.
· Experience Navigating Security Requirements
· Knowledge of Data privacy Assessments
· Experience working as a project manager with AWS & Azure
· Preferred experience in Financial Services preferably with experience in Capital Markets, Superannuation and/or risk insurance knowledge.
· Strong PM capabilities in time, cost, scope, quality reporting and governance.
· Exceptional leadership skills and capability - Enthusiastic, engaging and inspiring.
· Commercially savy.
· Strong experience in management of risk.
· Ability to lead multiple teams across diverse platforms
· Excellent organisational skills - Can quickly and effectively mobilise both time and resources (clients and project team members) to get things done
· Great stakeholder management skills including regular up-to date and accurate written and verbal updates to key stakeholders.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues and clients at all levels