Band 7 Community Hospital Ward Manager AfC 20/21 terms and conditions including NHS pension
Sulis Ward, St Martins, BA2 5RP
Are you a proactive and thoughtful individual based in the BANES area who is passionate about the rehabilitation of the patents in your care?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Ward Manager to work at John Stacey Ward, Paulton Hospital and would love to hear from you.
You will be working as part of the NHS system in BANES where we deliver services across Bath and North East Somerset. Our hospitals are based in Paulton and Bath where we provide general medical and stroke rehabilitation for those stepping down from the acute trusts; as well as supporting our primary care colleagues with admission avoidance; stepping up from the community.
You will feel valued as a Ward Manager with Virgin Care, receiving access to exclusive rewards and benefits including:
* AfC 20/21 terms and conditions including NHS pension
* Access to our Strive for Better networks, a national support and professional network made up of NHS professionals like you, giving you the chance to constantly develop industry-leading care and quality
* Access to Virgin Tribe - our staff benefits scheme which grants you access to premier offers and discount off all Virgin products including flights, holidays, gyms and media, along with regular competitions and giveaways.
* Feel the difference fund - a fund which brings 'Feel the difference' to life, giving every employee a chance to have their thoughts and ideas heard.
* Access to MyWellness - a health and lifestyle platform covering mental health awareness and support, healthy recipes & activity challenges
* Access to our free well-being service available 24/7/365 online and by telephone including; counsellors, post trauma incident support, legal, debt and practical life management helpline, guided self-help, telephonic career coaching and monthly well-being newsletters
* Access to bespoke career pathways and opportunities to continue your professional development, and with this role you would complete your ADOS training
* Plus the benefits you'd expect from working with an NHS / Local Authority partner
Across both inpatient areas you will be part of a team who are passionate about the rehabilitation of their patients, striving to ensure they regain as much independence as possible.
As Ward manager you will ensure the effective day to day operational management of the inpatient unit promoting high standards of evidence-based practice at all times. You will provide strong professional operational leadership to all staff, overseeing the delivery of high quality, safe and effective care that is focused on improving outcomes and experiences for patients, families and their carers.
You will be an effective leader and proactive role model in terms of clinical and educational standards and quality frameworks; with an ongoing responsibility towards evaluating and auditing all programmes of care that are delivered.
You will be forward thinking, enthusiastic and innovative towards service development and with a flexible approach to delivering change and motivating the workforce.
We're committed to equal opportunities and welcome a broad diversity of talent to apply. We reserve the right to cease any advertising prior to the published closing date for a role that receives a high number of applications.
As a Disability Confident Committed company, we work in partnership with the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) to provide facilities, work environment adjustments and technical solutions to make our business an inclusive place for all.
Virgin Care is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children, young people and vulnerable adults that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our services.