When banks need advice on their data and analytics, they turn to this firm to advise them. As well as being a market leader providing high-end analytics, this business also reports data to the press. They are still a small business, though with a highly sophisticated business model offering an intellectually challenging business model for those eager to learn and develop themselves.
Run by an ex-McKinsey partner, the skillset they look for in their Relationship and Research teams has a 'strategy' flavour, being able to 'make sense' of data and 'storyboard' to high-level stakeholders in top banks. One of the things that sets these roles apart from other firms is that this is still a 'small business' and the responsibility that is given to run relationships is a big plus given the flat structure.
We are looking for people with a real passion for the markets and opinions on different products and geographies. Ideally this will be from front office sales and trading, though there are other avenues this person might come from. Over time, you may work on different projects whether it be benchmarking the bank's FX data against the market, looking at client wallet analytics or helping to build a new product and reaching out to the current clients and working with them to build something new.
For a role in either the relationship or research team we are looking for:
1. Excellent academic record; this is a constant learning and problem-solving environment
2. Knowledge of one, possibly two product markets
3. Problem-solving/analytical ability
4. Relationship building ability - for one of the roles, this is less important, though for the relationship team we are looking for people who can evidence building deep relationships and show their style for doing so
5. Team player - this is a small, collegiate, knowledge-sharing team - we're looking for someone that will thrive in this environment