Role: Compliance Monitoring ManagerEmployment Type: Maternity cover - 12m FTCLocation: HOMEWORKING
or Bedworth, Wimbledon, or Nottingham with occasional travel to our head office in Wimbledon
Domestic & General's purpose is to keep our customer's world running by delivering an essential service that never lets them down. We are on an exciting journey, transforming our business in line with the Group's Strategy outlined in an ambitious five-year plan.
The Compliance Monitoring Manager will undertake Compliance monitoring reviews across the Group ensuring regulatory compliance in line with the approved Compliance monitoring plan, and work with the relevant business units/heads to source practical solutions to potential risks identified. Main duties include:
Responsibilities and essential requirements
- Developing an effective understanding of the key regulatory requirements across all the jurisdictions in which the Group operates.
- Support the design of a Group risk-based compliance monitoring programme
- Co-ordinating and/or carrying out risk-based compliance monitoring reviews across the Group's operations and third parties.
- Delivering high quality risk-based assurance reviews which identify, and address root causes of issues arising from and mitigating emerging Conduct Risk.
- Managing review assignments to ensure that planned timescales are achieved.
- Working collaboratively with business areas and key stakeholders to ensure that the review scope and approach is appropriate.
- Ensuring compliance monitoring reports are prepared to the highest standards of clarity, substance, presentation and adapted to the needs of the recipients.
- Collaborating with the business to make practical recommendations for improvement that will address the root causes of issues identified and balance the regulatory risk and commercial objectives.
- Providing support to the Head of Compliance and the business in terms of overseeing, agreeing and closing recommendations within the target dates agreed.
- Ensuring timely recording, tracking, reporting and reconciliation of all assurance actions is undertaken.
- Ensuring timely identification, analysis and communication of regulatory change and oversight of the businesses' completion of changes required to ensure compliance with new requirements.
- Ensuring Conduct Risk, Treating Customers Fairly and Best Practice standards are considered in promoting a culture that supports company activities.
- Establishing and maintaining professional relationships with all relevant operations and key personnel including wider Legal and Compliance Teams.
- Use experience, expertise and skills to provide mentoring, coaching and training on all aspects of the Compliance assurance framework
In return, we offer:
- Ensure the continued protection of company information, by following all applicable Information Security policies and procedures and by reporting suspected weaknesses in information security controls to the Information Security Officer
- Keep up to date and abreast of new Compliance/Conduct Risk developments in the external market that may impact upon the business and the activities it undertakes.
- Expert / thorough knowledge of Regulatory principles, guidance, assurance/monitoring methodologies, risk and rule handbooks.
- Financial Services Compliance Monitoring experience in a general insurer or within the EU
- Be able to build excellent relationships internally as well as externally
- Competitive salary and discretionary bonus
- Contributary pension scheme
- Salary Finance - a dedicated online portal offering lending and saving facilities, financial wellbeing and support services
- Health Cash Plan - claim money back towards essential healthcare, including a virtual GP service)
- 25 days' annual leave with an annual option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Access to health and wellbeing services
- Cycle to Work Scheme (bike & cycling equipment worth up to £1,000)
- Corporate Discount (up to 50% discount on the costs of D&G Protection Plans)
- Access to 'D&G Discounts Benefits Website' with exclusive shopping discounts, cashback, Love2Shop and travel services for all UK employee
Domestic & General are an equal opportunities employer, which means we treat people fairly. We view all applications equally, regardless of gender, colour, ethnic background, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. We also have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.