Senior Buyer (Mobile Phones) / 12 month FTC
Positioned within the commercial team, you will be right in the centre of a fast paced team, working hand in hand with the go to market team, building strong relationships with our supplier partners. As a Senior Buyer, you need to have extensive buying and management experience as you will be responsible for high turnover, complex categories leading a team of direct reports. You will be accountable for all supplier negotiations in line with the category strategy. You select and negotiate product ranges and pricing, all terms and conditions, and all investments in our business and its activity. You are accountable for ensuring cost pricing allows us to remain competitive for customers while maximising EBIT return and securing adequate differentiation against competitors.
Commercial acumen is a must as you will be required to support our analysis of trading performance, providing recommendations of actions to drive our business.
As a senior buyer you will be expected to support the development of the wider team ensuring we have a capable and committed team, who understand their role in delivering the company vision.
As part of this role, you'll be responsible for:
• Managing all category supplier relationships in line with our overall commercial supplier strategy and the category strategy, for all suppliers within your remit
• Harnessing credible relationships with our suppliers and develop a sourcing strategy
• Working with suppliers to develop a strong understanding of the future technology roadmap, enabling the category to adequately plan ahead for likely changes in customer trends and demand
• Negotiating product ranges - cost pricing, additional terms, exclusivity, distribution, stock availability
• Negotiating additional fixed and variable financial terms related to ranging, activity and performance - maximising EBIT across the category
• Negotiating promotional funding support to drive sales while maintaining margin in line with financial objectives
You will need:
• Substantial buying experience working within a FMCG/Fashion or Hard Goods fast paced retailer.
• Customer champion with excellent commercial awareness and understanding of customer needs
• Good working knowledge of SharePoint, Teams, Excel, Word and PowerPoint as well as MS Office workflow tools
• Good presentation and speaking skills
• Management/leadership experience of more than one direct report
• Strong negotiation skills and ability to manage all supplier partnerships at differing levels of seniority.
• Excellent numerical and analytical skills
We're one team and we celebrate all of the great things you do. One way we show our gratitude is by giving you access to a range of lifestyle benefits, including:
• Company Pension Scheme
• Free on-site Gym
• Discretionary/Performance based bonus
• Colleague Discounts (shopping, cinema, food discounts etc)
Beyond that, we'll be with you every step of the way, enabling you to get the most out of your role. Training plans are a given, and you'll have access to additional e-learning resources to really see your career develop in the way you want. We're building a team that brings technology to people, making their lives better, easier and fuller, and you can be part of it.