Launching their new finance shared services hub in Manchester, ClearCourse has partnered with Robert Walters and Walters People to recruit talented individuals across accounting and finance to support their ambitious scale-up plans.
ClearCourse is a fast growing, private-equity backed SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) group of businesses.
Comprised of a partnership of innovative technology companies, ClearCourse is highly acquisitive and helps companies become more efficient, more effective and more profitable by providing innovative, integrated software solutions that grow with their business, adding essential functionality to help them to achieve their goals. ClearCourse companies provide payments, membership, business services, events & leisure and retail solutions. We are growing quickly both as a team and as a group of companies.
This role is responsible for the company's tax compliance, tax planning, accounting for income taxes and preparation of tax returns.
The Tax Manager will compile all required government documents concerning taxes and offer solutions to pressing tax problems and are the point of contact for dealing with HMRC.
* Responsible for all group tax compliance include Corp Tax and VAT returns
* Responsible for Corp tax computations for all the Group entities
* Review of all VAT returns before they are filed
* Review of the R&D tax credits
* Liaising with third party professionals including solicitors, other accountant, tax advisers and independent financial advisers & HMRC
* Review of the Tax Due diligence and providing support as required for new acquisitions
* Advising and implementing bespoke tax planning
* Compile and present quarterly reporting
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
* Advanced problem solving abilities to find the root cause of issues raised
* Strategic thinker who has the ability to influence management thinking and enforce change
* Data driven with an analytical mindset
* Acts with the highest levels of integrity and treats others with respect
* Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
* Keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data
* Ability to present information to management and in a clear and concise manner
* Strong analytical and communication skills
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team, to tight deadlines
* Ability to understand the detail behind processes
* Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
* A degree and experience in the financial field (e.g. Accountancy or Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Business Studies)
* ATT, ACCA, ACA, CIMA etc. qualification
* Proven work experience as a Tax Manager
* Exceptional client service along with the ability to develop excellent client relationships
* Strong leadership and personnel management skills