Our client are a leading Google Partner who were formed in 2013 and currently have a headcount of 80. Their team of data experts enable businesses to accelerate impact through cloud data engineering, advanced analytics and AI.
Their team consists of experts in machine learning, data science, software engineering, mathematics, and design. They share a passion for data & analysis, operate at the cutting edge, and believe in a pragmatic approach to solving hard problems.
You will lead the data engineering part of their consulting projects, and will work closely with our architecture business intelligence, data science, and sales teams to design and build end-to-end data solutions for their clients.
* Lead the design and build of scalable, efficient, and innovative data solutions for our customers using our tech partners Google Cloud & Looker
* Build and manage the Data Engineering team
* Partner with our sales, engagement, and marketing teams to help define and refine our service offering, understand our client's requirements, and assist in selling solutions to our clients
* Work in an Agile manner with the rest of our technical teams across devops, business intelligence, data science and machine learning
* 5+ years of experience building big data solutions.
* 1+ years experience building solutions in a Cloud environment, preferably on Google Cloud Platform.
* Experience with a range of big data technologies: e.g. Spark, Beam, Kafka, Flink, Hadoop, etc.
* Experience building production-ready real-time streaming analytics solutions.
* Extensive knowledge of different database technologies including relational databases, No SQL, OLTP, and OLAP
* Strong programming experience in both Python and Java, bonus points for Go and Scala.
* Experience building scalable and highly-performant code.
* Experience in producing tested, resilient, and well documented applications, including good knowledge of DevOps concepts such as CI/CD, infrastructure as code, monitoring and alerting
* Good knowledge of data warehousing and different modelling techniques
* Experience in architecting, building, maintaining and troubleshooting cloud infrastructure
* Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills; a team player and keen learner who loves building great things together
* Proven background in a team leadership role would be beneficial, but if you're looking for that next step and have the right characteristics for a lead role, we'd be happy to talk with you!
* Experience building scalable REST APIs using Python or similar technologies
* Experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum
* Cloud experience in security/networking/infrastructure would be 'nice-to-haves', but are not essential
* Basic knowledge of and ideally some experience with data science topics like machine learning, data mining, statistics, and visualisation
* Contributions to open source projects
The Basics: 25 days holiday in addition to bank holidays, choice of laptop & pension scheme
Learning: The business encourages continuous learning at all levels with a generous conference budget, freedom to explore the latest tools and technologies as well as regular knowledge-sharing activities
Career Development: A personalised development plan to ensure you hit your professional goals with a clear roadmap for progression
Impact: The opportunity to work on cutting-edge AI and ML solutions spanning multiple industries and with market-leading organisations
Innovation: Access to their LABs, our Research & Development hub. Experiment and bring forward ideas, create impactful and meaningful work in a creative and collaborative environment - even just for fun!
Office Environment: A modern office set in the innovation hub of Canary Wharf with complimentary cookies, tea/coffee throughout the day as well as a shared café and working space with panoramic views of London
Flexible Working: A mix of office and remote working
Team Vibe & Social: A welcoming and friendly team plus regular monthly social events and team offsites (or remote events)