Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) is looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our team based in Cheltenham or the option to work remotely is also available. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, will receive a highly competitive salary of £36,000 - £50,000 depending on experience.
Your role will be to develop and promote the overall vision for the HESA Data Platform. To be successful in the role, you will be become the expert on the product, and combine deep product knowledge with technical understanding, while also having the ability to communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences.
This role will report to the Head of Service Development.
HESA exists to enhance the competitive strength of UK higher education by collecting, analysing, and disseminating data about the UK HE sector. We provide a trusted source of information, supporting better decision making, and promoting public trust, to support this strategy.
Our strategy is delivered through our people. Ensuring that our staff have the skills, capabilities, and tools to do their jobs effectively is therefore a key theme underpinning all our activities and objectives. This includes providing opportunities for development, growth, and learning.
Responsibilities of our Product Manager:
- Ensure that the product vision is well communicated; with a clear process and criteria for getting new requirements/features onto the roadmap understood across the business
- Work with the team of product owners to ensure that priorities for the overall product are understood and reflected in the product backlogs
- Lead quarterly increment planning sessions, working with the Product Owners, PMO and other stakeholders to define and agree increment objectives and a revised product roadmap for the next increment with appropriate milestones
- Work collaboratively with other members of the organization to identify solution options for business problems, examining the cost/benefit analyses of design alternatives while considering the long-term roadmap
- Attend and provide input into relevant governance forums to ensure the Product Owner team is represented, and to ensure two-way communication flows
- Work with the PMO and Programme Manager to ensure there is adequate visibility and tracking of sprint velocity and progress within the increment, and forecasting of future increments
What we're looking for in our Product Manager:
- Extensive experience of working in an agile/scrum environment
- Comfortable with change and adapting to new challenges
- Strong communication skills, such as active listening, ability to ask open questions, and provide feedback
- You will be a skilled negotiator who is able to set and manage expectations
- A good understanding of data processing and reporting which is essential for this role
- Experience using Jira and Azure DevOps are highly desirable along with experience of business analysis and of managing a team
Full details of this role are on the HESA website.
What can we offer you as our Product Manager?
The salary range for this post is £36,001 - £50,000 dependant on skills and experience. We offer an attractive package with initially 25 days leave, increasing to 30 days, plus bank holidays and extra Agency shutdown at Christmas; holiday buy/sell scheme, flexible working including remote and home working options; pension scheme and occupational health support.
Application forms should be completed via our recruitment portal; It is planned that any suitable candidates will be interviewed at the earliest possible opportunity.
If you have the skills and experience, we require for this role and are looking for a new challenge then please click 'apply' today to be forwarded to our on-line recruitment portal and become our new Product Manager.
Thank you for your interest in HESA.
No Agencies please.