Join us and you'll shape more than just your career
We believe we're best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insights empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.Job Description
Working as part of the Advisory Quality and Risk Management (AQRM) team, you will provide support to a range of teams, primarily in our Large & Complex service line, in relation to a range of contracting and wider risk management issues. Whilst reviewing, drafting, amending and negotiating documents such as engagement letters, non-disclosure agreements and release letters will form the core of your work, you will have the opportunity to get involved in a range of other areas of support that AQRM provide.
Job Description:Let's talk about the job
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you'll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from this Paralegal Executive role.
The minimum criteria
- Making quality second nature. This means doing what's right even when no one's looking. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards we have for the work that we do.
- Own your own work. You will deliver a high-quality service to the Advisory services lines to ensure that tasks are carried out and coordinated efficiently and to the highest standard possible. You will support, educate, and coach client facing teams and individuals to enhance their awareness of risks and ability to manage risks appropriately. You will support senior members of the team in implementing required controls and demonstrate general industry and technical knowledge and are aware of its impact on both internal and external clients.
- Be a part of a team. You'll work as part of the AQRM team, contributing ideas and supporting colleagues to ensure that the team functions as effectively as possible. You will assist in managing problems more effectively by working with relevant people around the firm to support our client-facing teams to overcome challenges and to improve our policies and processes.
- Take responsibility. You will be the key contact for Advisory service lines on standard legal documents including hold harmless letters, release and reliance letters and non-disclosure agreements, raising awareness of processes and risks, guiding, and advising on set processes. It is the responsibility of the Executive to taken ownership of allocated or self-identified projects and ongoing tasks and build up relationship with and provide support to the client service teams and other members of the AQRM as required.
- Build your brand. Given the importance of this role, there will be exciting opportunities for the right person to expand their knowledge and develop their skillset. This is a unique opportunity to develop your profile across the Firm and work with the AQRM community.
You'll be educated to degree level or equivalent in an appropriate law qualification
You'll have experience of reviewing a range of legal documents and liaising with internal (and potentially external) clients to resolve issues.Skills to set you apart
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don't worry if you don't tick every box. It's important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
You'll have experience working in a professional services firm, ideally in a risk management role or within an internal legal team.
You'll have a positive, proactive attitude and take pride in delivering a high quality output.
You'll have an ability to communicate effectively with all members of our team and our internal clients.
You'll have excellent IT skills.
You'll be a resilient individual who enjoys being part of a diverse team.
You'll be able to juggle a range of tasks and manage competing priorities.Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we'll want you to show us how they're important to you, too.Collaboration:
We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.Leadership
: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.Excellence:
Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.Agility:
The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible - changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.Respect:
A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.Responsibility
: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people's lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what's right.Bring your whole self
Now you've seen our values, it shouldn't be a surprise that we're creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
"We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone - regardless of background or gender." Dave Dunckley, CEOThere's more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes...the things you do and the people you're with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you'd like to work flexibly, let us know. We're happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we'll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.